Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several months ago I drove a 2014 CTS and found the seats uncomfortable as the headrest hit me in my back. Recently as I have been looking at 2015s I have not noticed the problem. I have been trying to figure out what the difference is. I think I figured it out. Looking at pictures of cars for sale online it looks to me like the 2015s have a completely different headrest than the 2014s. The 2014s appear to be a two piece headrest with a hard back, whereas the 2015s appear to be a one piece headrest covered entirely in leather.

I have decided on a 3.6 premium. Unfortunately my dealer does not have one in stock so he will have to do a dealer trade. I have sat in and driven 2.0 luxury models and find the headrest very comfortable.

Does anyone know if the performance seat in the Premiums has the same headrest as the standard seat in a luxury? I have looked at pictures of cars for sale online and the performance seat headrests look slightly different to me than the standard seat headrests but also could be camera angle. Thanks!

·
Registered
None
34 Posts
I just looked at photos on cargurus.com and you're right. They are different. Good observation.

I had the same experience with the a 2014 headrest being a bit close to the back of my head. You might want to go to a dealer that has a 14 and sit in it, and a 15. If you do, please report back - I'm interested in your findings.

·
Registered
2013 XTS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I drove a 2014 a few days at a dealer some distance from my home and noticed the problem but thought I could deal with it if I reclined the seat a bit more. Then sat in a 2015 Tuesday at my local dealer and was totally different, much more comfortable. Am going to dealer later today. If they have a 2014 in stock I will try to sit in both. When I was in the two cars previously, I had not yet realized that there were different headrests.

·
Registered
14 CTS 2.0T, (traded 08 CTS 3.6)
136 Posts
As mentioned above, the headrests may be different, but the 2014s are adjustable up/down and forward/backward. If it's hitting your head when you're sitting normally, it is not adjusted all the way back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts