Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone,

I am attempting a conversion from my factory headlights to a custom spyder headlights (PRO-JH-CACTS08-LB-BSM) with daylight running lights.
the twist is that those headlights work only on halogen based CTS, where my car uses Xenon headlights.

Does anyone have an idea about the parts I need replaced to reach the goal or am I not able to do it?

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Welcome aboard.

The Spyder website doesn't show a listing for anything Cadillac other than the SRX or Escalade.
I can tell you that many have exchanged HID for halogen assemblies, but you will get an error message on your driver information center (DIC) display saying "service AFL system".

Not sure why you would want to ditch a really nice headlamp system for halogens, but it's your car.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard.

The Spyder website doesn't show a listing for anything Cadillac other than the SRX or Escalade.
I can tell you that many have exchanged HID for halogen assemblies, but you will get an error message on your driver information center (DIC) display saying "service AFL system".

Not sure why you would want to ditch a really nice headlamp system for halogens, but it's your car.
I actually have the passenger side headlights showing up super dim on the road. with it already showing me "Service AFL System", after I check the used market a single headlight is going to cost me up to 600-700$ for the assembly.
but for the halogen aftermarket is almost 300-400 for both sides.

this is the exact item on carid

I already can not use the AFL system but don't understand what might happen after the replacement.

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
The Xenon lights are far superior to halogens IMO.
If this were my car, I would invest the money into rehabilitation of the HID equipment.

If you choose halogens, you will continue to receive the AFL message. There shouldn't be any further issues, other than not having the better quality HID lighting.
Best of luck with your decision.

Registered
2008 CTS Black Raven Sedan / LY7 / 6 Speed Manual AY6 / RWD
They are far superior for sure, however if you did find a way to bypass the HID module, you could outfit your aftermarket lenses with LED bulbs.

Registered
2014 CTS Coupe Baroque Red Premium 2011 Black CTS Premium Coupe (Sold 2010 Sedan)
Why would anyone ever switch from HID to halogen? There is no comparison. Do what Long said and reinvest in your HID and your forward adaptive lighting. That鈥檚 one of my favorite parts of the Premium package is watching those headlights move left and right as you do
Kenny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts