Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there at least 4 or 5 people in here with CTSs, that have had or have F-bodies.
I want to know why you deciede to buy your CTS.
I bought mine one because it is GM, two the wife wanted it and three it was overall a nice car for the Family, really good handling and peppy for the day to day to stuff.
The seats were a lot more comfortable than my Trans Am.
Your guys thoughts.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
cts vs 2001 black trans am ws6

cts was MUCH better on long rides and gas.

pfft.. its a cadillac.

much nicer interior and more features.

more of an adult car.

Pull up to a nice restaurant in a trans am and you are treated differently than if you pull up in a cts

I love challenging people to money races standing in front of my cts, then walk over to the trans am and start that puppy up.
"no way man.. you have work done to the car.. whats that noise.."

Me:" oh no.. there's no work done.. I just have a hole in my muffler.. and that high pitched buzzing sound... thats just my alternator.. yeah... alternator."

G

·
I had two F bodies, the reason I went to a cTS is i graduated college and I often pick up clients and They dont like the back seat too much...

Other than that I was sick of sports cars and wanted more comfort room and better gas mileage. I never did get into racing or anything like that but I often miss the engine sound.

But if people dont want to pay for repairs dont ever buy an F body, just to do a tune up is ridiculous...the engine is packed in those things...

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
you see the V guys have nothing to be snobby about. the cts is a great daily driver and fun car, its not really slow, pretty quick actually.

If i had the V and I had to shift all the time in traffic I would go insane (yet have an incredibly strong clutch pedal foot)

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
Is this an invitation to whore our f-bodies out :D

My first car was a 00' Camaro, and I still have it.... but first I moved onto a tahoe then couldn't afford the gas anymore (at least thats what I kept telling myself) then I got the V...and Kael is right it is an adult car, just fits in better with what I do...oh ya, pics of the maro...and yes it's a 6 so don't flame.

but, the ride is too rough, it's too loud...and 10.5in wide tires are expensive to replace...and everything rattles inside the car because I've had it apart so many times.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is funny you guys mention gas Mileage as a reason; to me anyway.
My 3.2 CTS on long rides doesn't even come close to what my 6 Speed WS6 gets.
I get right around 24 mpg on the Highway in the CTS and about 28 Mpg in the WS6 going 70 mph.

The CTS is way more refined. Handles better and is VERY VERY QUIET!
H
owever I can't agree with the Maintenance repair comment. As this is my 5th F-body and the CTS has required more love than any of them.
03 CTS 47,000 miles.
Two valve cover gaskets, steering rack, Rearend, Thermostat, leaky over flow hose and some other stupid crap.

2000 WS6 200-300 1/4 mile passes, N20, Cam and a bunch of other crap. 42,000 miles.
1 power steering pump.

No way does a standard CTS stand up to the same beating I give the WS6.

I never get any comments on the CTS, but people alway comment on the
WS6.
If might be where I live. I don't know. People always tell me how nice the
WS6 is.

·
Registered
07 Cadillac cts
16 Posts
uhm i have cpl camaros . but my daily driver was a silverado.. i hated it for daily driving.. uncomfortable , not very user friendly.. turning radius sucks.. parking sucks , gas mileage sucks etc etc...i have a 97 rs camaro that i just stopped driving years ago because it was just racking up miles .. its been sitting for years and runs like crap now and the a/c stopped working too.. but i liked driving it .

·
Registered
07 Cadillac cts
16 Posts
uhm i have cpl camaros . but my daily driver was a silverado.. i hated it for daily driving.. uncomfortable , not very user friendly.. turning radius sucks.. parking sucks , gas mileage sucks etc etc...i have a 97 rs camaro that i just stopped driving years ago because it was just racking up miles .. its been sitting for years and runs like crap now and the a/c stopped working too.. but i liked driving it . and my sunday driver is this-

·
Registered
05' Cadillac CTS
65 Posts
I had two F bodies, the reason I went to a cTS is i graduated college and I often pick up clients and They dont like the back seat too much...

Other than that I was sick of sports cars and wanted more comfort room and better gas mileage. I never did get into racing or anything like that but I often miss the engine sound.

But if people dont want to pay for repairs dont ever buy an F body, just to do a tune up is ridiculous...the engine is packed in those things...
funny you say that, i did it for the same reason. When i was a senior in highschool and fell in love with the 3000GT VR4. i got one and i built the shit out of it and loved it to death, then i switched to the 2000 TA WS6 and loved that even more with just minor mods. I just sold it about 3 months ago because i was graduating (just did last week) and i felt that i needed a more quiet/adult car. I thought i would miss the ws6, i do at times, but not as much as i thought i would. The cts is just to baller to look back on past cars. I do want to get another LS1 down the road as a weekend car but i don't see myself ever leaving the cadillac family. maybe a V next :stirpot:

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts

Loved my WS6, but the Cadillac does present a much more refined image. I didn't like the 6 spd tranny in traffic but I would love that LS1 engine with a 6 spd automatic in my CTS. That T/A was very fast.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmm F-Body......

Well first off, I want to comment on the gas milage issue. I could get 28 mpg out of my M6 H/C 01 SS with the cruise set at 80. The CTS is closer to 25 at that speed. BUT, I don't feel the need to get on it all the time in the CTS. I would get on it in the SS for no reason other than just to hear the exhaust. Shoot, I'd drop it into 3rd & get all over it when I was all alone on the interstate on the way into work at 5 in the morning just for the Hell of it.

I didn't really want to get rid of my Camaro, but I got rid of it for several reasons. The biggest reason was that I needed something more family oriented. It was close to impossible to get my 2 year old's car seat in & out of the Camaro. I also was going to get into trouble since I couldn't keep my foot out of it. I had gotten multiple warnings for speeding & racing & one speeding ticket and still couldn't keep from doing it again. Plus the rear tires were pricey & had to be replaced at least annually.

I went with the CTS because I love the looks, it handles & drives nice, is decently quick, and has lots of luxury features. I figure what I lost in power & driving excitement, I gain in comfort & luxury.

I too will take this opportunity to whore out my old car....

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=411

Attachments

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Loved my WS6, but the Cadillac does present a much more refined image. I didn't like the 6 spd tranny in traffic but I would love that LS1 engine with a 6 spd automatic in my CTS. That T/A was very fast.
I love that picture!

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
lol gotta agree on the reliability factor....It has ~50k on it, it's an 00' bought it new, I beat the hell out of that car and it NEVER NEVER gave me a problem, nothing that was installed factory broke on me...of course cheap aftermarket crap that a 16yo puts on it will break, but thats it....I think it went to the dealer once ONCE under warranty because the A/C Compressor was making a rattling noise...turns out I just wasn't using the A/C enough....the camaros been sitting for over a year now..I've driven it a couple times, but regardless just a quick snap of the key and she comes to life instantaneously...I love that car, I'll never get rid of it...it's just been too good to me.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
I miss mine. A Lot! A lot a lot. I'll probably get another one some time down the road. It was such a great car. There wasn't another thing I had planned for the car. It was perfect! I really like the WS6s too. They look mean as hell. I don't know if I'd buy another SS or a WS6.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Why I traded a 2002 Trans Am WS6 for a 2005 CTS Luxury Sport.

1.) More comfortable seats
2.) Better ride
3.) More room
4.) Quieter
5.) No T-Top water leaks when it rains
6.) Easier to get in and out of
7.) Better daily driver
8.) No On-Star
9.) No factory X-Radio
10.) Useless winter car

1 - 20 of 56 Posts