Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS (hopefully soon)
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this has already been posted

BIG NEWS - THE ALL NEW CTS WILL SOON BE OFFERED IN 4 BODY STYLES: sedan, coupe, convertible, and wagon (probably only in europe). cts-v still in development but i'm not sure of the specs.

all info provided by an official gm rep who came by my dealership today to train a few of us sales consultants.

let the speculation begin,
vinny

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ i doubt it. however, within the next 5-6 years, the sts and dts are going to merge into one, flagship vehicle

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Black Raven
341 Posts
^ WOW really????? thats gonna be a one big vehicle lol I hope they dont make it as big as the DTS.. I like the STS size...... I do wish the eldo came back... I had a 97 and loved it.. I love my CTS but if they came back with the eldorado and made it looks like a 2 door STS .. with 18 inch rims maybe 19 and ground effects of a V that would look sweeeeeet

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are going to make the flagship vehicle slightly larger than the current sts. i haven't a clue about product range, price, body styles, etc. though

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
i woudlnt mind a CTS-V "avant" .... i always wanted a B5 Audi S4 avant... just never wanted a german car without a warranty again

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't think a cts-v wagon is likely ... not even in europe where they'd be somewhat popular

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
374 Posts
I've talked to people who have seen mock-ups of the wagon and the coupe, but not a convertible. That would be cool though.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
WAGON-V!!!!

the wagon would be pretty cool.... the general trend towards the station wagon would lead me to believe that it would be a money maker ... justlike the SRX

·
Registered
Cadillac
338 Posts
Yes there is a little news at cadillac.gmblogs.com/2007/09/what_now.html it says the diesel "is primarily planned for Europe and other markets where diesel is prevalent." Maybe that means it'll be available in the u.s. but it's not too specific.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as is the 2008 cts seems to be a big hit with the public and the media. i hope this brings cadillac back on its pedestal

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
now this is what Im talking about........ 2 door STS .... that looks hot
The rear trunk deck with its large chrome strip in far more reminiscent of the 2 door Eldorado than the current STS in my opinion.

I would love to see someone photoshop the new 2008 CTS in a two door coupe version in both the red metallic and jet black.

Let's see a side view and 3/4 rear view as well.....any takers with photoshop skills?

ps: loanofficer....I'm with you though. The Eldorado is was "all class". Cadillac really needs a two door CTS coupe and possibly the same platform with a retractable hard top convertible!

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
The diesel will a 3.2 turbo unit developed with Italian company VM Motori.

It's interesting when they are going to offer the coupe. I might skip the sedan and wait for the coupe provided it looks good, has Magnaride with AWD and priced just moderately above the CTS, and still below the 3-er and A5.

I guess this way of thinking ("skip the sedan") may be what will hold GM from bringing in the coupe for a little longer that we desire ;)

·
Registered
Escalade
219 Posts
thanks for the diesel info, a 3,2 sounds nice. I am in europe so this is just perfect for me. cheaper and easier resale. and with the stabilitrac also it is just perfect.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts