Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Cts
18 Posts
If you have a stock xm Receiver by the USA spec or a neoprolink ipod interface they sound good it's about 10 minutes to hook up

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 3.6 2004
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, i am just wondering how you think they got that done! Man if i could do that myself i would

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
970 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 3.6 2004
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is nothing to it, pretty common information, just two wires you tap into, I did the exact same thing to my car but with a wire coming out from behind the radio.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/auxaud-noswitch/index.html
I am confused on the whole process, first off i do not even have xm in my car so can this still work? I will try to do it myself if it is possible save myself $300 and il buy a volANT intake with the saved money :p

Steps are straight forward. i just dont know if it will work because i do not have an xm radio.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I am confused on the whole process, first off i do not even have xm in my car so can this still work? I will try to do it myself if it is possible save myself $300 and il buy a volANT intake with the saved money :p

Steps are straight forward. i just dont know if it will work because i do not have an xm radio.
Apparently there seems to be a way to do this if you don't have an XM. In my case and in the case of the tutorial I linked to it's only if you have an XM. But I have come across a DIY on this forum about how to do it without an XM check it out:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/237768-how-aux-line-cts-without-sat.html

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
I have a USA spec kit in my car I may sell. I went to a galaxy phone and I will be doing the aux port. I will post the USA spec for sale when I get it out.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac cts luxury sport, with slotted rotors
203 Posts
I have a USA spec kit in my car I may sell. I went to a galaxy phone and I will be doing the aux port. I will post the USA spec for sale when I get it out.
I heard sound quality sucks with aux port. But I do have a factory bose that I tryed the aux port on and it had a lot of high pitch snapping sounds and bass was very weak

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 3.6 2004
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
new question since i do not have xm can i just buy the radio from ebay link and call it a day........ i like how where they embedded the aux into front of radio makes it look crisp and factory installed

·
Registered
970 Posts
new question since i do not have xm can i just buy the radio from ebay link and call it a day........ i like how where they embedded the aux into front of radio makes it look crisp and factory installed
Apparently they'll VIN program it with your VIN theres a good chance that'll work but the best person to ask is the seller himself make him gurantee a yes or no for you. I haven't seen if a swapped XM capable radio will work in a vehicle that didn't come with it. I would think it's probably no, what if the presence of the XM module is key to it or that your connecters won't fit the same. Someone here might have a better idea, is there a difference in the harness?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts