1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
The Best Tips are the E&G..about $89 on Ebay. Automotive Upgrades are Fugly when viewed form the side.

For about $125 you can get a complete 2 1/2" CTS-V exhaust including installation. It includes the nicest tips I've ever seen! That's about $35 more than the Tips you're looking at.

P.S. :welcome: to the Forum:yup::bouncy: :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
usraes said:
Looking to add some exhaust tips to my 2005 3.6L. The question is, which ones look the best?

http://www.automotiveupgrades.com/custom.asp?id=47902&page=17

http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/PROD/EG-CTSTIPS

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessoriesjsp/accessorydetail.jsp?make=cadillac&model=cts&year=2006&detail=05_CHE_IMP_EXH_01&sid=5709928586762482

Anyone had any experience with the GM tips? Do you think they are the same ones that come with the new 2006 Sport package?

Thanks for your help.
I was in the same boat as you are a few months ago and finally opted for the E&G tips. After having compared many and having seen the phots and all, E&G was the best choice. And they do look very natural.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
those tips look really nice...not quite as "bat mobile-ish" as my borlas (as ody says)...i got an opportunity to see my car drive by (after my dad stole it to get milk) and i really loved the way it looked going down the street in a different perspective. had a nice low tone to it also...especially when the punk nailed the gas right in front of me...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Smokin' 04 CTS said:
At 20 bucks a piece these are not bad at all. Just something to hold me off before I get my hands on a V-exhaust.

Hey Smokin,

Where did you get the tips at $20 a piece? I've looked at Pep Boys, but can't find a pair that would fit the downward curve of the original exhaust.
TIA,
Brad

·
Registered
37 Posts
Smokin' 04 CTS said:
At 20 bucks a piece these are not bad at all. Just something to hold me off before I get my hands on a V-exhaust.
I want to know where and how to get those. Please reply back

·
Registered
733 Posts
RobertCTS said:
What's your thinking behind that?:hmm: ...Unless you're talking about the CTS-V GM exhaust. You will have enough $$ in tips to pay for the Mod.
My thinking is, I don't like the current look. The best look I've seen belongs to Smokin' 04 CTS. But for some reason he hasn't let anyone in on his secret. If you look at the new appearence pakage, those tips are nice, and is the direction I am going in.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Armaan said:
I want to know where and how to get those. Please reply back
SORRY FOR NOT RESPONDING SOONER!!

The med school process has kept me busy ...:alchi:

I appreciate all the comments.

These were actually from pep boys, but I have yet to see them again. They are really big (3-4") and fill up the bumper opening with a nice edgey look.

In fact, I went back to see if anything new came out in the past year, and everything that could possibly fit was too small and would slant downward.

I guess I lucked out because they fit flush with the bumper, and don't bring too much attention to themselves.

·
Registered
998 Posts
91 s-10baja said:
You got what I've been looking for. Man, I really wanna find a V-exhaust and do that ML-V mod.

Every so often I go to cadillacfaq.com to listen to dubbedstealth's exhaust. The combo of the V-exhaust with the magnaflow muffler's makes the CTS sound like a masarati or austin martin.

·
Registered
998 Posts
onephatguy said:
My thinking is, I don't like the current look. The best look I've seen belongs to Smokin' 04 CTS. But for some reason he hasn't let anyone in on his secret. If you look at the new appearence pakage, those tips are nice, and is the direction I am going in.
Any updates on the V-frontend conversion? It would be nice to see a silver smoke with the V-front end.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Smokin' 04 CTS said:
Any updates on the V-frontend conversion? It would be nice to see a silver smoke with the V-front end.
The work is done, I just haven't had time to take and post pics. I wanted to wait until the DVD system is installed before I finish up the photos.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
13 Participants
IHIeiniken