Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen the Enterprise commercial where the guy goes to his highschool reunion in "Style" by renting a CTS?

I'm appalled. So degrading, I drive a "Stylish" rental car?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
The Enterprise Rental here in Orlando has one (base model) The agent says its allways checked out, mostly by the Escalade owners from the dealership in for service.

·
Registered
350 Posts
You betcha, Enterprise even has a counter in the Massey caddy dealership where my CTS is being worked on. I've driven just about every model now, currently driving the same Escalade I had on my second breakdown.......or was it my third........I lost count now. Rental girl asked if I wanted a CTS.........told her "no way baby".

JET

·
Registered
280 Posts
J.E.T. said:
You betcha, Enterprise even has a counter in the Massey caddy dealership where my CTS is being worked on. I've driven just about every model now, currently driving the same Escalade I had on my second breakdown.......or was it my third........I lost count now. Rental girl asked if I wanted a CTS.........told her "no way baby".

JET
Careful....Robert won't like you complaining like that again. :histeric:

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
J.E.T. said:

JET
everytime i go to the enterprise counter at lindsay, guy goes "you again" :eek:

I had a print out of the rental history and i had over 10 rentals. LOL

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
There is an Enterprise sounter at my dealer..and they rent all models of Cadis..so if you drive an SRX, you get an SRX loaner thru enteprise...and so on..The Enterprise in my neighborhood has CTS, Mercedes and Dodge Magnums..I rented a magnum the other day for a biz trip...The CTS goes for 149 per day...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Kind of violates what they originally said about the CTS;

Executives at Cadillac say they have learned some important lessons from the cars that came before this one--and from their competition as well. Lincoln's LS comes up as poignant example. Jay Spenchian, Cadillac's brand manager for CTS, emphasizes that they will not overbuild this car. He says one of the mistakes Lincoln made was building in excess of demand and then offering incentives to move the product. He feels this strategy cheapens a brand and is damaging to the image. He also says CTS will not be offered in rental fleets. The idea is to keep the car viewed in an aspirational light. They have the capacity to build 30,000 cars a year and will let the market dictate the actual number produced.

You can find the rest of this article here;
http://www.forbes.com/2001/12/03/1203test_print.html

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
J.E.T. said:
I dunno, it's just scary to see a rental counter at a new car dealership for some reason...........

JET
Not scary for Enterprise...Sweet deal for them...The loaner vehicles that we use during service comes from Enterprise and Cadi covers the cost and pays Enterprise....

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
darrelld said:
Kind of violates what they originally said about the CTS;
Certainly does, the temptation to sell to bargain rental fleets was just too great. Although, i'm glad to see it costs about $150 a day, and not $29.99 like the aveo....

As for market demand, I think they've certainly hit it right on the nose, especially with the ethusiasts desire for a 6speed...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Theres an enterprise rental desk at my local caddy dealership. I have an 03 CTS and it was getting condensation in the reverse light bezel (common problem, i see) so they gave me a free rental. I drove an H3 for a day, and then an SRX for another b/c the paint didnt match on the new bezzel they installed. I must say I liked the caddy better than the H3. And even though it seems weird to have a rental desk at the dealership, I'd much rather have access to a rental of the same caliber of my normal car than having to settle for some base model Taurus or Impala.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Its' ****ing bullshit having rental counters at dealerships. Anyone under 25 can't get any rental car excepts a Cobalt or some POS, no matter if they are bringing a new Escalade, CTS, whatever. They carry a full line of Caddy rental cars at my dealership but I don't reap any benefits of any other Caddy owner of getting to drive off in the same car they left behind. Luxury car dealerships should ALL have to carry their own fleet of loaner cars. Since 16 I have taken in all my Moms Mercedes', my previous Infiniti, my current Mercedes, and always have gotten a 'proper' loaner car. Now I buy a caddy and I have to accept a car 100 times shittier than the one I brought in.... Its a good thing I have such good relations with the guys over at Mercedes; the manager agreed to provide me with a Mercedes loaner whenever my CTS is in for warranty/service. Thats right, a Mercedes employee will drive 15 mins to the Caddy dealership to pick me up and give me a Mercedes loaner car--- All because GM is a bunch of cheap ****s! They should really get this system in order. NO luxury car buyer should have to drive a rental car when theirs is in the shop, or be subject to age restrictions. Cadillac is the only company I know of that uses rental agencies rather than their own fleet.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
haute_heir said:
Its' ****ing bullshit having rental counters at dealerships. Anyone under 25 can't get any rental car excepts a Cobalt or some POS, no matter if they are bringing a new Escalade, CTS, whatever. They carry a full line of Caddy rental cars at my dealership but I don't reap any benefits of any other Caddy owner of getting to drive off in the same car they left behind. Luxury car dealerships should ALL have to carry their own fleet of loaner cars. Since 16 I have taken in all my Moms Mercedes', my previous Infiniti, my current Mercedes, and always have gotten a 'proper' loaner car. Now I buy a caddy and I have to accept a car 100 times shittier than the one I brought in.... Its a good thing I have such good relations with the guys over at Mercedes; the manager agreed to provide me with a Mercedes loaner whenever my CTS is in for warranty/service. Thats right, a Mercedes employee will drive 15 mins to the Caddy dealership to pick me up and give me a Mercedes loaner car--- All because GM is a bunch of cheap ****s! They should really get this system in order. NO luxury car buyer should have to drive a rental car when theirs is in the shop, or be subject to age restrictions. Cadillac is the only company I know of that uses rental agencies rather than their own fleet.
I forgot to mention that too. Enterprise's policy changed and anyone under 25 is not allowed to get luxury rentals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
Devil_concours