Registered
12 CTS Premium - 10 CTS Luxury - Sold= 04 CTS Luxury
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
This vid is better then the first vid you posted... Stock 3.6, and he burns straight thru the tires.

I keep my TC as Button 1 on the steering wheel. I don't consider the first vid you posted as drifting... more like powersliding.
The second vid def. is drifting.

Its not hard to do. I don't want to go into the ways you can do it, but the easiest is turn into the corner sharply while going a little faster then entry speed, foot on throttle, then counter steer while playing with throttle.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Now don't go burning your tires off, though... Although I wouldn't pay $300 a pop for Goodyears, tires aren't necessarily cheap.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
1,161 Posts
Now don't go burning your tires off, though... Although I wouldn't pay $300 a pop for Goodyears, tires aren't necessarily cheap.
I always keep a spare set of rims for fun stuff :rolleyes:. I get crappy rims for ~300 total and tires for 30 bucks a pop at a recycling place. i used to have a set just for off roading in my tahoe. now i need a set for the cts for track days. :cool:

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts

i've also seen a video of a CTS (in japan i think) chase a robber/mugger down the street and drift the corner into him.

as for drifting myself, i pretty much only do serious stuff in the winter. in a 60ftx80ft parking lot i could drift endlessly until i run out of gas, provided the snow is good. having a manual or trip-tronic really helps

·
Registered
CTS 3.2
196 Posts
i don't drift (on purpose) as it wastes valuable time.

on the other hand, i did play around in some severe rain, and was disappointed by the CTS. also, even with the stabilitrac switched "off", all of the sudden, after my second ring of the "donut", i got a "service stability system" warning, and i stopped....

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,787 Posts
Did anyone notice that the CTS at the 1:12 mark that is on the right side wheels? Yes great stunt, but...... the rear wheel is going against the other wheel, there fore it does not have LSD. Pretty interesting, I wonder if they purposely took the LSD out so they could run these tricks. Any thoughts?

KOT

·
Registered
12 CTS Premium - 10 CTS Luxury - Sold= 04 CTS Luxury
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've also seen a video of a CTS (in japan i think) chase a robber/mugger down the street and drift the corner into him.

as for drifting myself, i pretty much only do serious stuff in the winter. in a 60ftx80ft parking lot i could drift endlessly until i run out of gas, provided the snow is good. having a manual or trip-tronic really helps
thats amazing!! :D and yeah ive seen the one where the cts drifted into the robber :histeric:

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Did anyone notice that the CTS at the 1:12 mark that is on the right side wheels? Yes great stunt, but...... the rear wheel is going against the other wheel, there fore it does not have LSD. Pretty interesting, I wonder if they purposely took the LSD out so they could run these tricks. Any thoughts?

KOT
i see exactly what you are saying, but it could be that it just looks like it is, on the highway have you ever noticed sometimes the rims seem to spin the opposit direction, it is more noticeable when its on video... i think its just a illusion based on the speed and it being on a video, i dont think the lsd would play a factor with it on 2 wheels because without the lsd wouldnt that mean that the tire in the air would have the most driving power?

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
i don't drift (on purpose) as it wastes valuable time.

on the other hand, i did play around in some severe rain, and was disappointed by the CTS. also, even with the stabilitrac switched "off", all of the sudden, after my second ring of the "donut", i got a "service stability system" warning, and i stopped....
thats your steering position sensor telling you it is wearing out.
if it starts coming on more you should have it replaced or disable it by unplugging the sensor, not just using the button to turn it off, that doesnt really work.

some people have noted that a faulty sensor can cause the car to swerve for no reason when on a flat straight road, i had it pushing the brake pedal against me a couple times when i went to tap on the brakes, it would only do it for a second but enough to cause worry if there was ever a time when you need to stop quickly.

i unplugged the faulty sensor but i also bought a new one... i keep meaning to have it installed but havent got around to it.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
1,161 Posts

LOL!!! I tried to find this but i couldnt! Anyone have a link??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts