Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Well, I guess the Vagon fury doesn't die for another model year. Good on GM!

Thanks for the confirmation.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V wagon Stealth Blue
175 Posts
i am not sure how to interpret those few words in the article about the V. Certainly my conversation with someone at the CTS plant last week gave me the impression that time was running out and they were getting ready to shut down the plant for conversion to the next model in the near future. I wonder what will become of it - maybe use up some supplies?
GM has also not said what is coming of the ZR1 vette or the ZL1 camaro for 2014 - both of which use these supercharged engines. i think the ZR1 is out of action for 2014?

·
Registered
Founder, OBWC
572 Posts
A lot of questions - and I wouldn't trust one article in today's era of what passes for journalism. It kind of doesn't make sense to kill off the CTS line (and spring out a NEW CTS model) only to keep selling the "old" V series at the same time?

However, I could totally see GM letting the masses know this is the last year for the V-series (with a long 18+mo weight for the next variant) if only to try to keep sales volume up - only to say "surprise!" and offer them for 2014.

Anyway, my impression is that there is no V-series for 2014 and the next two weeks are it for ordering... but time will tell.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Taken from Detroit Free Press article - "GM said it would continue to sell the current coupe and wagon versions of the CTS for as 2014 model-year vehicles, in addition to the current V-Series sedan, coupe and wagon."

So Cadillac will continue to make the current versions of CTS and the new CTSV Sedan for 2014?

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
I think that if we are ready for a new "V" car this year, the ATS-V may be it. Hopefully, there are enough car guys left in GM to give us a V-8 and the choice of the latest transmission choices (manual and automatic).

Jud

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
Strange they are saying the current CTS coupe, wagon and V's will be offered for 2014 and then the article goes on to say "eight speed transmission, which will be offered with a 420-horsepower twin-turbo, 3.6-liter 6-cylinder engine as the CTS-Vsport" CTS-V sport? So there will be two CTS-V's? Just strange, does not make sense?

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
I think it's CTS Vsport, not CTS-Vsport. I think they're trying to do the same thing that Audi and BMW do, build a "little brother" enthusiast version. Lord knows there was room between the 2nd-gen CTS and CTS-V for this.

I haven't found any corroboration of DFP's news about the continuation of the V2s or coupe/wagon, just a regurgitation of the same article in the Lansing State Journal. Nobody else is reporting V2 continuance that I can find... however, nobody else is really doing anything but paraphrasing GM's press release, either. Typical of online auto "journalism."

DFP was probably the only one to call anybody to ask any questions. That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

If you were, say, about to order a CTS-V wagon tomorrow, would you proceed, or hold on just a bit for a 2014? What if they offer different colors? Oh dear, what to do?

.Jinx

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I thought ordering for 2013 Vs was over?

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Strange they are saying the current CTS coupe, wagon and V's will be offered for 2014 and then the article goes on to say "eight speed transmission, which will be offered with a 420-horsepower twin-turbo, 3.6-liter 6-cylinder engine as the CTS-Vsport" CTS-V sport? So there will be two CTS-V's? Just strange, does not make sense?
I'm not happy with the 'VSport' tag they are using and even more disappointed that they decided to put the "V" emblem on the trunk lid.

View attachment 105762

·
Registered
<-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They should make it bigger, to cover more of that fugly ass. The more I see it, the less I like it. Like the car from nose to C pillar. After that, bleh.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V wagon Stealth Blue
175 Posts
For potential new V buyers, here is my best guess combining info from dealer (not reliable), Guy who is in charge of sales relations at Cadillac plant (pretty reliable) and GM press releases:
Vsport option will be available on new CTS sedan. same turbo 6 engine. not the true V. Wagons may be done forever soon. You can still order - the plant is taking orders for the stealth blue package next week probably. Probably only a matter of weeks remain though, not months. All of this is just my opinion, but I am willing to stand behind it. justin

12,778 Posts
I'll be sure to document everyone's feedback so far, and thanks for posting your CTS reactions, everyone! (Hulksdaddy, thanks for kicking off the thread!) If you haven't already done so, check out all the preliminary specifications and photos of the 2014 CTS sedan at the official Cadillac News site: http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/cadillac/vehicles/cts_sport_sedan/2014.html.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Katie, if you can get any kind of corroboration or denial of the Detroit Free Press report that the 2nd-gen coupe, wagon, and all CTS-Vs will continue to be built as MY2014s, I'd sure appreciate it.

·
Registered
Founder, OBWC
572 Posts
If you were, say, about to order a CTS-V wagon tomorrow, would you proceed, or hold on just a bit for a 2014? What if they offer different colors? Oh dear, what to do?

.Jinx
I was in that position. I placed my order for an opulent blue Vagon yesterday.

·
Registered
2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon
231 Posts
I thought ordering for 2013 Vs was over?
Two local dealers say no. Of course, they're dealers....
I've put in an inquiry about ordering and the dealer said they are waiting to hear back from GM on allocation. They seemed to indicate that this would be an exception as production must be mostly over. I'm thinking about putting in an order for a V wagon just the way I want it. I have two more months in my deployment overseas, which would be great timing when waiting for something to be built.

----------

I was in that position. I placed my order for an opulent blue Vagon yesterday.
Good news. Option list? :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts