Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having a problem with front seat cushions causing back problems?

This one surprised me. I have minor lower back pain from time to time but have never had a problem with car seats. It seems the seats are so firm, it is causing my back to act up.

Any suggested solutions?

Also the cool looking seams down the middle of seat cushion & back annoy my girl. I don't really notice it but, on thinking about it, it was not a real bright idea.

·
Registered
2016 ATS Coupe 2.0T RWD Lux Black/Black
98 Posts
Short answer, no. (I am having some minor back pain that developed after driving to work yesterday morning, but I think that's more from that other driver plowing into my car than from the seat I was sitting in at the time.) Longer answer: I've had to take one longish and several shorter roadtrips since getting my coupe, and I have found the seats extremely comfortable and non-fatiguing.

Have you tried adjusting your lumbar support? Back when I drove cars without lumbar support in the seats (and when my back and I were both years younger) I would develop lower back pain on longer drives. A small pillow placed in the lumbar area solved that problem for me.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.
337 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the coupe seats are causing you back pain. I find them to be extremely comfortable which was one of the main reasons we got the car. Everyone is shaped differently, though. You may need to get some sort of seat pad.

Try this: Tilt the rear of the seat cushion all the way down and the front of the seat all the way up. Then adjust the back support and distance from the pedals accordingly. This should relieve pressure to your lower back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts