Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11:::CTS:::C:O:U:P:E:::Black:on:Black
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone as OVERLY concerned about the unique coupe door handle attraction to scratches? I've noticed a few already :mad: on both handles...it seems inevitable... :suspense:

Any thoughts?!

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.
337 Posts
Diva, I also realized very soon after bringing our Coupe home that we would have to be careful with fingernails and opening the doors. I am also a "diva" and understand your concerns. I am careful to tuck my hands in when I reach for the door pad.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
I had invisishield applied to the inside of my door handles to protect from scratches, you all might want to do the same around this area if you are having problems.

·
Registered
11:::CTS:::C:O:U:P:E:::Black:on:Black
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Diva, I also realized very soon after bringing our Coupe home that we would have to be careful with fingernails and opening the doors. I am also a "diva" and understand your concerns. I am careful to tuck my hands in when I reach for the door pad.
Hey, Rayle, follow Diva! :cheer: Yes, my french mani has become a villain against our awesome door openers!

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
Just occurred to me: am I now going to have to open the passenger door for my girl every time she gets in the Caddy to avoid scratches?

I slide my fingers gently into the opening (avoiding any contact with paint) to push the door button; she is not likely to do that!

LOL!

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
I can imagine the problem, you should see how scratched up the surface of the invisishield is beneath the handles on my 4 door CTS ... great investment

1 - 12 of 12 Posts