Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CTS Black and Chrome Grill Inserts

I got my car back from the body shop, had my grill painted black and when I got home I had a set of chrome inserts waiting for me at the door. I look at other CTS and wanted my different then others so I added 4 inserts then adding all 8.. so here it is I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
I have the full chrome kit on my car because that is the way I wanted. I applaud your choice of painting the grill and the judicious use of the chrome pieces that appealed to you.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It takes a brave man to try something different let me check it out for awhile:thumbsup:
Thanks for the feedback, it actually looks like a factory grill from Cadillac in person. I didn't want to go over the top with my CTS I wanted it to still have that classy look that Cadillac offers.

·
Registered
'09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium
268 Posts
Looks good!

I like it and just may do the same if I don't go with an aftermarket mesh grill. Like you, I was concerned that applying all 8-pieces would be too much "bling". Yours is a nice compromise ... and I love the black grill. (Why GM didn't do this as OEM ... :hmm: ) Another :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 CTS (Gold Mist)
26 Posts
One good reason the grill doesn't come OEM black is it just would not look right on many of the other color choices.

On my color, I feel adding the chrome pieces compliments the OEM grill and gives the front a nice dignified look, IMO not the least bit over-blinged. It certainly has been noticed. After the pieces went on (followed by a good wax job), several people asked if I had bought a new car.

Nobody here needs to fret too much about the opinions of others.. for sure not many on this board would be happy if every CTS coming down the road looked the same. Do your own the way you like it.

·
Registered
'09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium
268 Posts
One good reason the grill doesn't come OEM black is it just would not look right on many of the other color choices. (snip)
A satin black (not flat or gloss) instead of the OEM gray would look perfectly fine on your White Diamond CTS, and I believe most would agree with me ... but that's in my humble opinion, of course. <wink> I do agree, though "... to each his own."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts