Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While searching the internet to locate a supplier of 1.5mm adhesive backed carbon fiber sheets for a garage project that I am undertaking I came across a company that manufactures high quality genuine carbon fiber automotive accessories for the automotive engine bay.

Some of these accessories include intake plenum covers, radiator shields, fuse box covers, power steering and master cylinder covers etc.

What was interesting was there retail MSRP pricing. For example; a solid 3mm polished carbon fiber intake plenum cover for the Dodge Magnum was $299.00 By contrast; Cadillac charges in excess of $1300 for the carbon fiber CTS intake plenum cover.

I've posted some pictures of some of their carbon fiber products for the Pontiac GTO, Dodge Magnum & Charger and Chrysler 300C.

There are currently no product offerings for the Cadillac CTS. I am thinking of contacting them to see what they would charge for carbon fiber covers for the fuse box, power steering and master cylinder units, battery box and radiator shield.

I was just curious if others had any interest in carbon fiber engine bay covers at a price that was far more market reasonable that what Cadillac charges for just the small handful of carbon fiber parts that they make available to us.

Attachments

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David:
It says at there website that they can go directly from preformed pieces to carbon fiber replicas (vacuum infusion) by simply supplying them with the preformed pieces which is a substantial savings on any tooling costs.

Parts that would come to mind would be the intake/plenum cover, radiator shield, fuse box lid, the Volant intake tube, strut tower bar etc.

Other parts such as a carbon fiber cover for the master cylinder, brake fluid resevoir, battery box etc would require some tooling but in appears that they have the capabilities to do just about anything.

Check it out and let me know what you find out. It appears that what they have available NOW in relation to carbon fiber automotive accessory parts for the GTO, Charger, 300C, etc are substantially cheaper in costs when compared to Cadillac's across the counter pricing for just their intake cover, radiator shield and strut tower bar.

I almost fell of the chair when I saw the price for that carbon fiber intake cover for the GTO.

If your going to pay them a visit, I won't contact them. Just let me know what your able to find out and perhaps we might be able to swing some kind of Fourm "Group Buy" similiar to what was offered to us by Ultimate Pedals a couple of years ago.

Good Luck on your "field trip" -Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts