Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice. I purchased my first Cadillac in February 2015. CTS 3.6 Luxury edition and have been back to the dealership twice for an erratic vibration while idling and leather folding in back seats and shoes ashy on the forward armrests. I have been turned away both times stating the computer could not find anything and the seats and armrest is common. I can't imagine a new car would have these issues in 2 months time. Advice?? Not enjoying this first time Cadillac service experience.

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
The rough idle is definitely an issue that a number of owners are having. My dealership had a regional tech come into town and he detected it. He was able to determine that the fuel trim levels were off. They replaced all my fuel injectors, but unfortunately that did not fix the problem. In fact, at times it seems it may be worse.

The car goes back on Monday when that person will again be in the area. We will see what happens. It is not acceptable and I won't accept it.

I couldn't quite figure out what your other issue was.

·
Registered
none now, but will look at CT5. 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T. Former 14 ATS 3.6
218 Posts
The idle vibration in the 3.6L engine is pretty universal. To me it's a minor annoyance in an otherwise fantastic car, nowhere close to a deal breaker.

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
I have the 3.6 in my SRX. The vibration lessens after 10k miles. BTW, the 2.0 turbo is glass smooth at idle. I could balance a dime on its edge on the dash.

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
I have 14,000 miles. The vibration appeared after the first few thousand and, if anything, is getting worse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts