Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally there is no need to dig through the CTSV scrap pile in search of an affordable front and rear CTS Big Brake Rotor Kit designed specifically for the Cadillac CTS.

No need to replace your 5 bolt aftermarket wheel/rims with 6 bolt CTSV OEM rims or worse yet having to purchase a custom set of 6 bolt rims, new spindles, hubs etc.

With this Custom designed front and rear 14" CTS Big Brake Rotor Kit all that is required are a set of 18" rims.

That's right! No spindle or hub swapping and no new 6 bolt wheel rims or custom high dollar aftermarket wheel rims!

You simply remove those puny OEM rotors and replace them with our custom designed 14" Cadillac MotorSport CTS Big Brake Rotor Kit.

Just think about it......14" nickel plated 5x115 big brake rotors designed and engineered specifically for the Cadillac CTS that are far superior in their design and engineering when compared to the GM sourced one piece Brembo 14" heavy cast iron V rotors!

Here's just a "tidbit" of information with some details that will leave you screaming....."what is CMS working on next?"

We have a 14" big brake rotor kit for the Cadillac CTS that features our proprietary directional sport vanes. They are constructed of forged alloy steel and available in either a cross drilled pattern or slotted pattern. As usual; we cryogenically treat these 14" rotors and heat temper them and guarantee them against warping and/or cracking.

These CTS Big Brake Rotor Kits are available in 2 types of configurations that have the CTSV fellows just salivating!

• 2 piece configuration with solid billet aluminum rotor hats. These are the Cadillac CTS Super Sport Rotors and weigh 7 pounds less than the solid one piece 14" rotor. All of the hardware that is used to mount the solid billet aluminum front and rear rotor hats is aerospace grade titanium hardware! This kit is designed for the true spirited driver where unsprung weight and lightweight alloy wheel rims and weight savings are a priority!
  • 1 rotor piece configuration with all of the same features above for those that are looking for a true 14" big brake rotors to fill out those 18, 19 and 20" 5x115 wheel rims! This kit is known as the Cadillac CTS Rally Sport Rotor Kit. And if your looking to save some money......the one piece Rally Sport kit will be priced at about 40% less than the CTS 2 piece Super Sport big brake kit with all of the same features!
Heck, we'll even let you put the 2 piece 14" Super Sport Rotors on the front of your CTS and the money saving 1 piece 14" Rally Sport Rotors on the rear!

So think about it all of you California lovin' 20" wheel rim low riders that have those perfect 20" LA wheel rims! No additional investment in new 6 bolt wheel rims and no scrap yard CTSV spindles and hubs!

Finally; a true custom designed 14" CTS big brake rotor kit available in both the Super Sport (2 piece kit) & the Rally Sport (1 piece kit) version designed and engineered specifically for the CTS in the correct hubcentric 5x115 bolt pattern!

So if your riding on 20's and are at all suffering from "little rotor size complex"; then Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd has the solution at prices and options that will amaze you!

All you need to add to complete the look are a set of Brembo CTSV brake calipers available from GM Parts Direct and your ready to roll! Or you may use your existing CTS OEM PBR brake calipers with our custom machined brackets with your new CTS 14" Big Brake Rotor kit and have no further investment if it is just big rotor size that you are interested in to compliment your large wheel/rims. There is a solution and application for every budget and application!

No one offers more for the Cadillac CTS for less than Cadillac MotorSports, Limited.

To learn more about this kit, its pricing, availability and custom options; all inquires must be directed to:

[email protected]***********************

There are NO GROUP BUYS on this custom designed CTS 14" Big Brake Rotor Product. We are the exclusive North America manufacturer of the:
  • Cadillac CTS Super Sport Rotor: (14" 2 piece)
  • Cadillac CTS Rally Sport Rotor: (14" 1 piece)
  • CTSV Magna Sport Rotor: (14 & 15" 2 piece)
The above CTS rotor discs are designed specifically for the Cadillac CTS 2.8; 3.2; and 3.6 sedans with the correct hubcentric 5x115 bolt pattern for both front and rear brake disc applications. 18" wheel rims are required for proper rotor disc diameter clearance.

The CTSV Magna Sport rotor discs are designed specifically for the 6x115 hubcentric bolt pattern in both the 14 and 15" rotor disc bolt pattern and will fit the CTSV OEM wheels or any custom 6x115 hubcentric wheel rim with the same CTSV OEM rim offset.

All inquiries regarding these products are to be directed to: [email protected]***********************

No pricing, product design, sales solicitation information or product inquiries will be answered on the Cadillac Owners Forum.

ALL PRODUCT INQUIRIES MUST BE DIRECTED TO CADILLAC MOTORSPORTS DIRECTLY.

But as Joan Rivers would say; since this is a public forum......"feel free to talk amongst yourselves!"

·
Registered
2005 & 2008 CTS
1,362 Posts
Why is not pricing available on the forum??? It's like going to look at a car and not knowing what the price is. You at least have to have a dollar range when looking.

Also, in this "kit" , your getting bigger rotors and caliper mounting brackets correct. The brakes we will have to find on our own.

·
Registered
126 Posts
RobertCTS said:
You may wanna post a separate thread with a picture of your rims. If the price is right someone may buy them for snow tires.
:bonkers: Vogues for SNOW Tires!!!! I'm hurt:nono:

I priced them after someone wanted to buy them...they are valued at $525 each rim and that's not including the gold wing tires it came with...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Ulises said:
:bonkers: Vogues for SNOW Tires!!!! I'm hurt:nono:

I priced them after someone wanted to buy them...they are valued at $525 each rim and that's not including the gold wing tires it came with...
Holy Moly!! $525 is a lot of cash!! I paid $259 each for mine.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
my guess, probably around 3 grand or so, thats pretty standard for what willwood or baer will charge for a custom set up.

I am thinking the cts-v brackets/caliper/will bolt to the stock spindle if a modification can be made. I doubt the moutning locations were changed all that much.

for grand prix's/malibu/impala we found that the 96 intigue had a caliper bracket that bolted right into the aformentioned cars but allowed for a 12 inch (well 11.9) rotor instead of the 10.9 rotor that is stock.

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
You see these on ebay from time to time--the Brembo CTS V brake setup will bolt to a non v CTS, but you will need to get the V 6 lug wheels.

It is a bolt on upgrade.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
A little bird tells me that Pete will likely also be offering caliper solutions. CMS is not known for offering 'half solutions'. He may be offering brackets for the existing calipers, but also the relatively inexpensive V calipers will likely also bolt right up. I'm sure other monoblock calipers will also bolt right up. Calipers, and one vs. two piece rotors will be dictated by one's budget.

Having options is good!

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The OEM brake caliper mounting brackets come standard with the CTS 14" big brake rotor kit. This means that you can use your existing Cadillac CTS brake calipers which are 2 piston front calipers and single piston rear calipers with any of our 14" rotor kits without any further investmenton your part.

Your simply swapping out small puny OEM brake rotors for 14" CTS custom made Big Brake Rotors.

If you want to add new "bolt on" calipers you have several choices:

First you can bolt on the 4 Cadillac CTSV 4 piston calipers that you can acquire on your own. You can buy them new from GM Parts Direct, used on ebay or a scrapyard.

We do not supply them as an option. They are the cheapest and easily obtainable with pads included from GMPD.

Another big brake caliper option from Cadillac MotorSports are the following:

We can supply the following caliper and mounting brackets as additional options now or later in the future when your budget is more flexible:

AP RACING CALIPERS - a high end racing caliper
Wilwood Calipers - economy priced to high end racing types

We can supply the above two calipers and the mounting brackets at an additional cost, but why?

Most people find their existing CTS calipers to be adequate for stopping power and really just want a larger 14" rotor to fill out their wheels rather than having the puny sized 11.7 and 11.9 OEM rotors sitting behind their larger 18 to 20" wheels that they may have spent thousands of dollars on and searched the heavens for to find just the perfect look.

As an example; look at some of the beautiful 18 to 20" deep dish chrome and black chrome wheels on some of the CTS's and then you see this puny OEM undersized rusty rotor disc or small cross drilled rotor! It kind of looks like a 6 ounce steak sitting on a large "turkey platter" and completely out of scale!

Now you have a true 14" bright nickel plated BIG BRAKE ROTOR that you can simply bolt up to your 5x115 spindle and hub. This is a true DIY kit!

You reinstall your existing OEM brake calipers with our supplied OEM caliper brackets and stainless steel brake lines and finally put back on your chrome rims and your ready to go!

If that is not the cheapest and most efficient way to travel; you tell me a better way!

No additional investment in new spindles, hubs or 6 bolt wheels to "retrofit" something that was not engineered inititally for your CTS? Never!

In addition; these rotors are far superior in design and engineering to anything that is supplied by Brembo or Cadillac and priced at least half of their cost!

AND THAT IS THE ONLY COST ISSUE THAT WILL BE ADDRESSED HERE AND NOW ON THE PUBLIC FORUM!

For those who want brake caliper options other than the above 14" CTS big brake rotors, and have extra cash in hand to invest; you have several additonal options:

Install the CTSV Brembo 4 piston calipers that you supply from either a junkyard or buy directly from GMPD. We don't stock them.

Or we can sell you AP Racing or Wilwood Calipers in either 4 or 6 piston options. But again....why?

Do you really need 6 pistons to stop a 255 BHP street car?

If you want them, we have them and they simply bolt to your existing CTS spindles and 5x115 hubcentric CTS hubs and you go!

The key here is low cost, simplicility and choice.

After the holidays; we will post some before pictures of the CTS with the OEM rotor discs and the after pictures with our CTS 14" rotors installed on a 3.6

The pictures will reflect the OEM CTS PBR calipers installed in one set of photos, the other set will reflect the same 5 bolt 14" rotor kit with new CTSV Brembo 4 piston calipers supplied by GMPD.

The beauty of our Big Brake Rotor kit is the following:

You can install the 4 14" 5x115 rotors at all 4 wheels for one money at one time and use your existing OEM calipers and be done.

And later if money is an issue, you can add the CTSV Brake calipers by purchasing them directly "new" from GMPD or finding them on eBay or a junkyard. We just don't sell or supply the V calipers as it makes no sense.

We won't mark them up to make a profit when you can buy them directly on your own from GMPD or better yet find them for next to nothing at a junkyard or on eBay.

What you can't find or obtain however is this custom 14" 5x115 4 wheel Big Brake Rotor CTS Rotor kit designed for all 4 wheels that provides you with caliper choice options from using your own OEM calipers to the CTSV Brembo calipers or us supplying you with a race-ready AP Racing Brake Caliper set or an economy Wilwood 4 piston caliper set.

We are not going to discuss prices and options on the forum time after time to solicit business.

If your interested in more information; you email us and we'll talk once!

We'll mail you a brochure when they arrive back from the printer!

The key once again for the "reading challenged" is that there is now a 14" Big Brake Rotor Kit designed for the Cadillac CTS that has a 5x115 hubcentric bolt pattern.

You do not have to change your spindles, hubs or wheels to 6 bolt configurations or buy new 6 bolt wheel rims.

This 4 wheel kit is brain-dead simple to install.

You remove your puny OEM rotors and replace them with 14" rotors and use your existing OEM calipers with our suppield brackets and hardware and you go!.

If you want Caliper choices; you have several:

First are the CTSV Calipers that you purchase directly from GMPD new as we do for our clients or you find the same V calipers in a junkyard for a cheaper price and hope they are not damaged and work as advertised. We simply won't supply them because you can obtain them on your own from GMPD and they bolt right up to the CTS spindle.

Or the second option is that we can supply you with new fancy brake calipers made by AP Racing or Wilwood.

The AP Racing calipers are expensive (manufactured in England to our specifications for this application) as they are a true racing calipers and one if not the finest calipers made in the world.

The second option is the more economical Wilwood 4 piston caliper which is priced along the same line as the CTSV calipers that you can purchase new from GMPD or might be able to obtain from a junkyard for possibly $350 to $500 for 4 CTSV calipers and the better choice!

HOPEFULLY; everyone now understands that if you want some additional information; this is not the place to ask for it!

You email us directly at:
[email protected]***********************

You must have 18" wheel rims to install these Cadillac CTS 5x115 Big Brake Rotor Kit.

I was able to source the following part numbers and costs from GMPD for brand new Brembo CTSV Brake Calipers that include the brake pads:

Front Right Hand Leading Brake Caliper with pads: part number: 25750250: GMPD cost is $156.00 plus shipping

Front Left Hand Leading Brake Caliper with pads : part number: 25752049: GMPD cost id $156 plus shipping

Rear Right Hand Brake Caliper with pads: part number: 25750256: GMPD cost is $231.11 plus shipping

For my money, I would purchase just the front CTSV Brembo Brake calipers at approximately $300 plus shipping. They bolt directly to your CTS spindles/hubs and provide about 90% of the stopping and clamping force of any braking system if you understand the concept of brake valve proportioning and brake bias.

The rear brakes are "just along for the ride" and to invest almost $500 for new rear CTSV Brembo calipers is ridiculious. I would simply use your existing OEM single piston rear CTS caliper with our supplied bracket.

We can also provide a rear brake caliper cover that matches the front Brembo caliper to give you more of an aesthetic look. But in reality, the rear brake calipers are there just for looks and along just for the ride.

So ultimately, our complete custom 14" big brake rotor kit for all 4 wheels and your choice of brake calipers brings you home at a price and quality that no one can match!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is there a cut off or deadline as to when we can purchase these rotors?

Thanks,
Ulises

This seems pretty straight forward and easy...all I need now is 18inch rims!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
wait a second.
unless i missed something, wouldnt you need a different caliper bracket to moe the caliper out a bit to fit and actually work with a 14 inch rotor?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a set of V calipers that I will sells for $400.00 shipped. I think this is the best option that Pietro has put together. I would have been all over this from Pietro but 3 months ago I converted spindles rotors and calipers from a V because I could not find rotors that were 5 lug and the right dia. and offset. Now that he has a rotor that works with 5 lug and V calipers I think its the best of both worlds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts