Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just caught a news segment on Fox News at about 11:45ish today from the Grand River Assembly. They showed the CTS getting interior installed, console etc and talked with 2 workers on the line. They did not say weather they were building 09 or 2010 though. One of the news anchors (Jane Skinner) said she loved the CTS and drove one before and it was fast. She mentioned she would take the black one they showed.

Seen a lot of white cars, a black cherry and black but white was the predominant color.
Maybe they will show it again today?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
From almost any angle, the CTS is one of the finest cars available today. Decent $$, reliable, safe. I am used to the big old Fleecewood Broughams, and I think my 04 with sport package rides like VW bug. I wonder if I am going to lose all of my fillings. LOL But, as I said, I prefer the big fat ride.

I do not work for GM; I am a car nut.

·
Registered
2009 FE3 CTS
92 Posts
They are still building 2009 and they better build mine soon as it was ordered March 15. I actually hope all this bankruptcy talk does not cause a plant shutdown or a 2009 will no longer be an option. My order number is NHZB69, is anyone able to tell if it is actually going to be built?

Thanks, Brian.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should have it by now. Probably going to take 2 wks to get to you via the trains. Probably to Oshawa and from there to your locale via truck. Customer orders take precedent of dealer stock orders. Right now the trains are loaded heading into USA with Camaro's. Building 440 day and over 10,000 since March

Did the dealer give you a TPW? (target production week).

·
Registered
2009 FE3 CTS
92 Posts
That is what concerns me as the TPW they last gave me is June 15. That is much longer that the timeframe I was given when I ordered the car. I am not sure why it is taking so long as I wanted to use it as much as possible before Winter hits again, including some long road trips. I would have just bought one from a Dealer if it was even possible to get one loaded with FE3 (and no wood) anywhere in Canada. Every one on the lots are all AWD with wood. Its not like I was getting a great deal either. I actually think the order was not placed or was wrong and that is a large part of the delay.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You can always hold out hope it will show up before the TPW. I had that happen with a GM truck once. Some assembly plants were shut down due to lack of demand so no telling how far behind that placed orders.

I talked with the dealer one week and he said the truck was still scheduled for 4 weeks away. The next week I was in the dealer to pickup some parts I ordered when the sales manager called me into his office. He said, I got some news on you truck. So he goes digging thru the long computer print out sheet and shows me that my truck is built, has the VIN and its in transit with an ETA of next week. Sur enough, he calls me next monday pm to tell they just dropped if off.

Try checking back with the dealer and pushing him for an update. They can go right to the computer and find the status of the order any time they want.

Rwd versions are few and far between in the northern regions. We searched dealers in Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and found 99% AWD cars so I gave up looking for one and bought a loaded AWD (only option is did not have was the DI engine) from dealer stock. Ordering would have not got me the $5,500 of incentives available back in Jan'09 + the dealer dropped the price to invoice.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
That is what concerns me as the TPW they last gave me is June 15. That is much longer that the timeframe I was given when I ordered the car. I am not sure why it is taking so long as I wanted to use it as much as possible before Winter hits again, including some long road trips. I would have just bought one from a Dealer if it was even possible to get one loaded with FE3 (and no wood) anywhere in Canada. Every one on the lots are all AWD with wood. Its not like I was getting a great deal either. I actually think the order was not placed or was wrong and that is a large part of the delay.
Brian,
You may be experiencing a delay because your dealer simply didn't have an allotment when you placed your order. If that was the case, your order didn't get placed and GM will only pick up the order after the dealer receives his allotment. Happened to me once. Waited weeks and GM never picked up the order. Finally the dealer told me he didn't have the needed allotmant and my order was delayed 'till he got one. Now, I always make sure the dealer has a slot before I order. When I ordered the Vette, I asked the dealer to print out his current Vette allocations.

Your dealer should be able to take your order number and give you a current event code. This code will tell you where the car actually is in the process.

·
Registered
2009 FE3 CTS
92 Posts
Interesting, I had no idea that there was a "Dealer Allotment" and do wonder if that is what happened to my order. All they have said is that is going to be made but not why it is taking so long. I can ask them again what the status of my order is but I actually wanted was to get it from someone else just so I know it is real. This is (hopefully) going to be my first new car purchase so it is something that I hope does work out just how I wanted it but already if it bumps to a 2010 some of the options no longer exist and I am not sure if I would even want the car if it will arrive in the fall.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
Brian, here's what I would do. Ask your dealer/salesperson to confirm your order status per the following list of GM/Cadillac Div. codes - accept nothing less. If your order status is anything less than 2001, then your dealer is a total loser jerk; cancel your order and move on to another dealer if possible. If your order status is 2001 or higher, then ask for a straightforward explanation for the delay, and target dates for production and delivery.

ORDER STATUS CODES
1100-Order placed at dealer
1101-Order accepted by GM
2001-Order generated to dealer
2005-Order replaced with GM Prospec order
2050-Order changed
2500-Order sent to production, preferenced
3000-Order accepted by production control
3100-Order available to sequence
3300-Order selected for production by assembly plant
3400-Order broadcasted for production
3800-Vehicle produced
4150-Vehicle invoiced to dealer
4200-Vehicle shipped
5000-Vehicle delivered to dealer
6000-Vehicle delivered to customer

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
Brian, ditto for the advice provided by 928S.
Your car should have absolutely arrived in Calgary by now - it's been 11 weeks since you placed your (sold) order with the dealer.

For info, I placed an order for a loaded '09 CTS (FE2 RWD) on April 16th here in London, ON and I was advised this morning that the car arrived at the dealer yesterday, May 29th. That means it took a total of 6 weeks (from order placement to vehicle delivery), and that was with the Lansing Grand River facility having been shut down for 3 of those 6 weeks.

Something is definitely not right with your order. I'd be extremely upset about this, especially if this unnecessary delay were to cause you to lose out on GM's current "Canadian Pricing Advantage" promotion, which provides the buyer with a $6000.00 cash delivery allowance on the purchase of an '09 CTS.

I recommend going to the dealer right away to demand a full & accurate explanation of what's happened.. then shoot him (just kidding folks) and change dealers.

Brian - just an fyi, if things turn out to be truly bad with your car order..
.. if you want to get your hands on an immaculate fully loaded '08 CTS4 (DI FE2 AWD NAV Silver/Ebony) with only 16,800 KM's (10,500 miles) on the odometer, send me a PM as soon as possible. I will be taking delivery of my new '09 CTS sometime next week, and will be contacting LeaseBusters (thru the dealer) to arrange for someone in Canada to take over the lease of my '08 CTS4. The monthly lease amount is very low (thanks to my GM employee vehicle discount when the lease deal was inked on Oct. 1. 2007). The lease goes to Oct. 1, 2010. The total KM allowance is 60,000 so the car can be driven another 43,000 KM's between now and Oct. 1, 2010. The dealer figures the car will be snapped up within 2 or 3 days.
Anyway, it's just a thought for you (and perhaps others here) to consider.

Good luck.

RAB.

·
Registered
2009 FE3 CTS
92 Posts
I just chcked again and my current status is 3400 and the Target Production date is still June 15. I talked with the Manager and his response was "how long did you think it was going to take?" I guess your order taking only 6 weeks does show something was not right with my order but if it is really at 3400 now then I assume going to another dealer is not going to get me it any faster now. I was told by the Salesman when I ordered it that 6 to 8 weeks would be how long before I would have the car so yes, I am not happy at all with this.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
here is the event history I have albeit on a Chevrolet Camaro

1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged"), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
I just chcked again and my current status is 3400 and the Target Production date is still June 15. I talked with the Manager and his response was "how long did you think it was going to take?" I guess your order taking only 6 weeks does show something was not right with my order but if it is really at 3400 now then I assume going to another dealer is not going to get me it any faster now. I was told by the Salesman when I ordered it that 6 to 8 weeks would be how long before I would have the car so yes, I am not happy at all with this.
If the target production week (TPW) for your car is June 15, then your car will most likely be built sometime that week. Assuming the vehicle is produced by June 19th, it should arrive at your dealer in Calgary, AB by the 1st week (latest 2nd week) of July. I'm sure you'll be more than just a little anxious to be driving your new CTS by that time!
FYI.. be aware that Lansing Grand River will be shutting down for a total of 3 more weeks (staggered over June & July), and that may impact the production and/or shipment of your car.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
FYI.. be aware that Lansing Grand River will be shutting down for a total of 3 more weeks (staggered over June & July), and that may impact the production and/or shipment of your car.

WTF? :eek:

When do they really start the production for the european version? I was promised June for the production start and August for the delivery. I took September as a safe expectation, due to the situation. But what is it REALLY going to be? :confused:

Dang! :crybaby:

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 3.0DI NAV FE1 - in transit
38 Posts
I placed my Canadian order on May 13th with the expectation that delivery to the dealer would be around August. I asked for an update today and they told me it was in "preliminary status" but did not offer a code. There is no schedued build date as of yet. I am not in a hurry nor am I concerned, I just thought I would provide my 'story' to those who are waiting. I think some dealers may not have set a reasonable expectation. In fact I'm hoping GM offers more cash back or better finanacing between now and the delivery date... Another advantage to waiting :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts