Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2006
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was at the supermarket today reading the latest issues of car and driver, automobile, etc etc and lots of them had articles on the new cts. All of them compared the new CTS to the 335i which to me, is something totally retarded. They make stupid claims like how the 335i feels more agile, the engine has more pep, and the new CTS is a great car and can hold its lines, but it isnt up to killing the 335i yet.

HELLO?

What kinda stupid ass idiot would put a compact 335i up to a CTS which is midsized in dimensions? The cts weighs about 400lbs more, longer by 5 inches which they all seem to recognize and point out in their articles, and yet they put it in the same category as the 335i and the C class. What the flying %#@$ are these guys totally on crack or what?

The price doesnt even justify the reasoning either. a 335i is a lot more expensive than the cts up here in canada. If you wanted to talk about price that was similar to the CTS they should have chosen a bloody 328i.

I just dont get it, why dont they compare the new CTS and all CTS's to the Infiniti G, Lexus ES, 525i's and all other midsized cars?

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Agreed. This was talked about on here a while back. Price is normally their justification.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
How else can the little peener blowers maintain that BMW is superior without making skewed articles like this?

All the car rags need to stop dick riding the German cars.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
check out who advertises in those magazines, who takes out the full sized adds? yeah, BMW.
many of those magazines have been a joke for years to the enthusiast community. ever notice how they pit their precious german cars in a "stacked deck" trial every time. the bmw m3? straightline the trans am destroys it. the m5? hell the gto slaps it like a little girl in straightline and cornering.

yet those tests are never done.
topgear made the mistake of pitting the audi super car against the cts-v, the cts-v destroyed it. made it look like an utter joke. and what happened? top gear lost audi as a sponsor.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
topgear made the mistake of pitting the audi super car against the cts-v, the cts-v destroyed it. made it look like an utter joke. and what happened? top gear lost audi as a sponsor.
Wow thats pretty interesting. But if they were more fair consistantly then maybe car makers would step it up to make better performing cars and not just on paper

·
Registered
381 Posts
First of all miss, Audi S4 aint no supercar, its fat and it has 60hp less than the V and it was funny that the V couldnt fly away. RS4 on the other hand would have left that wheel hopping thing instantly.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
First of all miss, Audi S4 aint no supercar, its fat and it has 60hp less than the V and it was funny that the V couldnt fly away. RS4 on the other hand would have left that wheel hopping thing instantly.

Boy youre a bright one. Come on a Cadillac forum and talk shit about Cadillac. Id like to put my foot in your ass. :thepan:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I like Cadillacs.. a lot, but GM better start making better cars. Its not just Cadillacs, all the american cars are centuries behind european/japanese rivals, face it. Things have gone better (2007 Escalade, new CTS), but theres a lot to improve

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
I like Cadillacs.. a lot, but GM better start making better cars. Its not just Cadillacs, all the american cars are centuries behind european/japanese rivals, face it. Things have gone better (2007 Escalade, new CTS), but theres a lot to improve
That is such outdated thinking.

Q. In the recent JD Powers rankings, what was completely missing from the top 10 list.
A. Any European manufacturers. No BMWs, no Mercedes, no European cars at all.

The rankings were dominated by Japanese and American manufacturers. Top spot was shared by Lexus and another GM Division. Cadillac was in the top 5.

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Your Obviously not very educated! Cadillac rates better than BMW, Mercedes,
Audi etc.....F*%@! Buick rates better than those pos's!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2006
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the germans have a ton of things to improve on as well. Ive test driven the new 3 series, the A4 lineup including a S4 and the C series and i swear, none of them are as luxurious in terms of ride as a Cadillac. They might handle better, but thats also because they are much smaller in size. Take a boat like the 5 series and try a similar comparison.

the 3 series is a peice of shit! i dont know why the hell everyone praises it. the only one i like is the 335i or the M3 but those cars are once again way above price. The base 323i is a joke car, who the hell would pay all that money to buy a car that is marginally better than a corolla ce. Its small, underpowered, and the base comes with cloth seats! talk about cheap.

Just like the 5 series too. the base 525i is underpowered and i overpriced as well.

the germans have a lot to learn about value. ANd selling cars based on a bullshit image that they are some how superior pisses me off.

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Her is overall quality in the class.......
How funny Cadillac beats all the cars your talking about!...........

Acura TSX
Cadillac CTS
Lincoln MKZ
Award Recipient
BMW 3 Series
Lexus IS Series
Acura RDX
Acura TL
Infiniti G35
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
SAAB 9-3
Volvo S60
Volvo V50
Audi A3
Audi A4
BMW X3
Volvo S40

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
The new CTS is, and always has been, designed to be a 5-series competitor.

First of all miss, Audi S4 aint no supercar, its fat and it has 60hp less than the V and it was funny that the V couldnt fly away.
I believe Jeremy Clarkson's words, while in the V against the Audi, were:

"Ooh. Bad start, but it doesn't matter... <looks over his shoulder as he leaves the Audi behind> because I have got aaallll the power here."

"I am just leaving him for dead on the straights. Ab-so-lutely leaving him for dead."

"This is incredible. An Audi quattro, with a V8 and a Stig in it... and he just can not get past."

Mind you, Clarkson also sloppily powerslides every corner while thoroughly trouncing the Stig-driven Audi (which ends up in the dirt at one point).

Here's a link to the Top Gear review that has become somewhat infamous around here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9E1ZmWIXaAE

parexa said:
RS4 on the other hand would have left that wheel hopping thing instantly.
Here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/80442-attn-never-bring-show-go-fight-5.html

Start with post #46. We have beat to death exactly how the V compares to each of the offerings from Audi (the discussion goes from an S4 comparison to an RS6 comparison when the Audi supporters concede that the V is superior to the S4 and more of an RS6 competitor). The RS6... well, you should read the thread to find out about that...

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Isnt the RS4 like 20k more than the V?? Im sick of seeing these dumbass twats come around here dick riding MB, BMW, and Audi. This is the wrong forum to do that in.

Not only that, most of the stuff they say is not even true, accurate OR unbiased.

Urby is it ok if I say twat and dick riding round here? Guess Ill find out...... LOL!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
This thread will go out of hand lol

gothicaleigh said:
Your Obviously not very educated! Cadillac rates better than BMW, Mercedes,
Audi etc.....F*%@! Buick rates better than those pos's!
Seriously man, who needs a biased study by american insurance company. Buick Lucerne vs S class benz? haha

Here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/80442-attn-never-bring-show-go-fight-5.html

Start with post #46. We have beat to death exactly how the V compares to each of the offerings from Audi (the discussion goes from an S4 comparison to ann RS4 comparison when the Audi supporters concede that the V is superior to the S4 and more of an RS4 competitor).
Yeah I've read it. A lot of talk and emotions, but no numbers. I'll give you numbers. I takes 163 metres and 8 seconds for tuned e60 M5 to catch Audi RS4. You think 400hp V can do better?
http://saab.ath.cx/community/tony418/1.jpg

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
This thread will go out of hand lol

Seriously man, who needs a biased study by american insurance company. Buick Lucerne vs S class benz? haha

Yeah I've read it. A lot of talk and emotions, but no numbers. I'll give you numbers. I takes 163 metres and 8 seconds for tuned e60 M5 to catch Audi RS4. You think 400hp V can do better?
http://saab.ath.cx/community/tony418/1.jpg
To be fair maybe we better compare the RS4 to something more in that price range. Perhaps a Z06 Corvette? Yeah, I thought so.

ETA: How is the RS4 going to faire when the new V comes out at over 500hp?? Maybe you should go back to the Audi forums.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts

Seriously man, who needs a biased study by american insurance company. Buick Lucerne vs S class benz? haha ...
JD Powers and Associates is NOT an American insurance company. They are not owned or associated with the insurance industry in any way. As for biased, maybe you need to understand what JD Powers actually does:

• Bases research solely on responses from millions of consumers and business customers worldwide.
• Conducts the research and publicly announces the results.
• Offers analysis based on consumer feedback to product and service providers to help them improve their businesses.
• Does not publish or incorporate the opinions of J.D. Power and Associates in rankings.
• Funds all of its own syndicated research in order to deliver unbiased results.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
That Audi weighed more then the CTS-V and it only had 340 hp. Explain how that was fair? If it was the RS4 VS the CTS-V, people would be screaming "Biased Jeremy Clarkson!!" like they did about the rest of his CTS-V test. But since this part of the test supports the V, you guys act like its TRUTH above all.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts