Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share with you guys I am addicted to modding my CTS looks and performance I am very picky on what I do to it with looks though. Right now I am pretty sure I have my 3.6l CTS the fastest it can be without doing anything major to it like adding a super charger.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
SdMarineGuy said:
I just wanted to share with you guys I am addicted to modding my CTS looks and performance I am very picky on what I do to it with looks though. Right now I am pretty sure I have my 3.6l CTS the fastest it can be without doing anything major to it like adding a super charger.
Well, you've definatly worked on the induction and exhaust, that's where most start. Maybe Intake/exhaust manifolds? If you wanted to do serious engine modifications you could think about boring and stroking it out, GM did say this V6 engine family was capable of 2.8 to 3.8L, but we're talking lots of money, and lots of engineering/pioneering, the 3.6L is a very new and very hightech engine. Of course, a supercharger is always the easier way to add on power.....But then there is the transmission, with more HP you're gonna burn through thoose clutchplates quick :) I don't think our transmission is rated much higher than our stock HP figures.

You'd need to look into acquiring and maybe adapting the STS V8's Hydramatic with it's higher HP rated components

Anyway. Indulge your love for your CTS, it looks and sounds great!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AsAkAs said:
Well, you've definatly worked on the induction and exhaust, that's where most start. Maybe Intake/exhaust manifolds? If you wanted to do serious engine modifications you could think about boring and stroking it out, GM did say this V6 engine family was capable of 2.8 to 3.8L, but we're talking lots of money, and lots of engineering/pioneering, the 3.6L is a very new and very hightech engine. Of course, a supercharger is always the easier way to add on power.....But then there is the transmission, with more HP you're gonna burn through thoose clutchplates quick :) I don't think our transmission is rated much higher than our stock HP figures.

You'd need to look into acquiring and maybe adapting the STS V8's Hydramatic with it's higher HP rated components

Anyway. Indulge your love for your CTS, it looks and sounds great!

If someone offered me a stock CTS-V for my CTS I would take it in a heart beat even though I invested well over 10k on it about 6k on sounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts