Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Little back story, I own a 2004 cadillac cts. With the 3.6l. Timing chains went, and had 3 bad rod bearings after i got tearing into the motor.

I have a 2004 gmc yukon with the 5.3l. Just curious if anyone has done anything like this swap on here. If so any Info would be greatly appreciated! Not 100% if I'm gonna do it or not. Would like to get some info before I decide either way.

·
Registered
2007 Blue Chip Luxury 3.6L
28 Posts
This really has me thinking since I have a 2007 3.6 CTS and a 2007 6.0 vmax silverado that coukd be a donor?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >130k miles
641 Posts
I would expect issues with the ECM interface and/or durability of the transmission and diff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would expect issues with the ECM interface and/or durability of the transmission and diff.
I would send the pcm out to get refreshed. And would use the truck transmission and rear axle. Prolly make it a 4link rear setup or so.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.2L M35 LtPt
236 Posts
V8 swap has been done... 3.6 to CTS-V motor. You should be able to use V oil pan, accessories, engine mounts, etc. with a 5.3.

Here's a thread I remember from years ago. There are probably others.

There will probably be some... compromises... in the way it connects into the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts