Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6
17 Posts
Hello guys, I'm having a major issue with my cadillac. It recently started leaking from the two pumps connected to the radiator. The pump on the passenger side is leaking, not the driver side.

I noticed that my car has a weird pull after I apply my brakes and the car hits 20mph. It ALWAYS pulls back when I decrease my speed to 20mph.

Here's a pic just to kinda give you guys an idea of whats going on... Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6, 2016 Malibu 1.5T
359 Posts
I think you have an external transmission cooler mounted, and that is the one that is leaking, also that pull you get sounds like a hard down shift, I get that pull to and Im not sure if it can get rid off by changing the flex-discs that go on the driveshaft.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,035 Posts
Hello guys, I'm having a major issue with my cadillac. It recently started leaking from the two pumps connected to the radiator. The pump on the passenger side is leaking, not the driver side.

Here's a pic just to kinda give you guys an idea of whats going on... Thanks for the advice guys.

http://i.imgur.com/P84c5SN.jpg
That's a hose that's leaking, not a pump. Have you tried tightening the hose clamp there? Is the hose actually split?

As Static1120 said, someone has installed an external transmission cooler on your car - most likely because the transmission cooler in the radiator is a common failure point, so someone must've decided to bypass that cooler and use an external one instead. That's a good idea, but they did a poor job installing it and leaving the lines hanging down exposed like that. Based on that picture, it appears you're missing the radiator under panel that is supposed to cover the gap between the underside of the front bumper and the radiator support - that panel would help protect those hoses.

I noticed that my car has a weird pull after I apply my brakes and the car hits 20mph. It ALWAYS pulls back when I decrease my speed to 20mph.
I'm not sure what you're trying to describe. Normally when someone says a car has a pull they mean that it pulls left or right due to some sort of steering or alignment problem. I don't know what you mean by "it always pulls back". If you're talking about a hard downshift, as Static1120 surmised, then it could be the problems are related. You're losing transmission fluid from that leaking hose. If that's been happening for a while, your transmission could be quite low on fluid, which will start to cause a variety of problems with how the transmission shifts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts