Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
'11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lease on my 2011 CTS is up in August and my dealer is trying to talk me into leasing a 2015 instead of waiting for the 2016s. They claim the 2016s won't be out until the end of the year, that there will be no changes in 2016, that the two model years are identical.

True or not?

·
Premium Member
'11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The lease on my 2011 CTS is up in August and my dealer is trying to talk me into leasing a 2015 instead of waiting for the 2016s. They claim the 2016s won't be out until the end of the year, that there will be no changes in 2016, that the two model years are identical.

True or not?

·
Registered
Cadillac
122 Posts
There will always be small improvements year to year, some so small it may hardy be worth it. See what incentives they offer at the time, they should be trying to clear them out in the summer.

·
Registered
Black Tesla Model 3, long range, AWD
689 Posts
For the second generation, only small changes were made from year to year like available blind spot assist, rear view camera, and a heated steering wheel. The engine was also tweaked from year to year to offer more HP.

With that being said, I can't imagine the next model year CTS will have any drastic changes, most likely just some engine enhancements and performance upgrades to the CUE interface (which is supposedly very laggy and unresponsive at the current time). There hasn't been any news from Cadillac so this is all speculation of course.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)
472 Posts
For 2016 a new 3.6 engine and a GM sourced 8 speed transmission (perhaps with the AWD). Current 8 speed in the CTS is from Aisan (Japan).

·
Registered
Cadillac
122 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of changes for a third year in! What about the price? Will it be lower? At last it will be a worthy competitor with the Germans?

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
533 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of changes for a third year in! What about the price? Will it be lower? At last it will be a worthy competitor with the Germans?
Cadillac has said they will not lower the price, but they will add content for the same price.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
It's already a "worthy competitor for the Germans".

I would go with a 15 just to eliminate the possibility of automatic stop-start

·
Registered
2014 CTS Luxury 2.0
50 Posts
It's already a "worthy competitor for the Germans".

I would go with a 15 just to eliminate the possibility of automatic stop-start
If the automatic start-stop can't be deactivated, it will annoy you to death. Its an interesting concept, but the application leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,369 Posts
If the automatic start-stop can't be deactivated, it will annoy you to death. Its an interesting concept, but the application leaves a lot to be desired.
Works well in the 5 series, don't see how Cadillac can mess it up

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
999 Posts
The '15 CTS has the old six-speed automatic transmission, whereas the '16 CTS has the new eight-speed transmission (although it also has the start-stop engine feature)--and the '16 CTS will likely get one or two additional mpg's when the EPA rating is published. Apparently, the start-stop engine technology is coming whether we like it or not, as the CAFE requirements keep increasing!

I would like to know more about start-stop engine technology, including what happens to accessories when the motor stops, such as "automatic climate control?" I have noticed a few BMW's turning on and off in traffic situations--I've observed that the tail pipe vibrates visibly upon re-start.

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
My E350 coupe has the start-stop feature. Doesn't function 100% of the time. Depends on engine temp, for one thing, and I think a/c demands. Everything works when the engine is off, including the a/c. As soon as you take your foot off the brake, it starts up, like in an instant. Sometimes it's perceptible. Sometimes it's not. If you're stopped for a prolonged period and you need more a/c (auto climate control), the car will start up again to cool down the a/c. The only time it's annoying is when you're in a stop and go freeway/rush-hour situation when the engine seems to be constantly starting and stopping. When that happens, you can turn the system off via a handy button on the dash. I would assume all manufacturer's systems work the same. Have no idea what affect it has on the gas mileage.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Luxury 2.0
50 Posts
Maybe your experience has been better. But the last four 5 series I rented had the feature and it was very annoying. Several had the push to deactivate once and it stayed deactivated. But at least one I had to deactivate each time I started the car.

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
999 Posts
Thanks for the information about how the "start-stop" systems work. It seems another "answer to a question nobody was asking," and I can only guess it is becoming popular to attempt to extract more miles per gallon. It also occurs to me that the frequent starting of the engine would place a strain on the battery over time since start up is one of the most demanding things on a car's battery.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
My concern is lubrication of the turbos.

I think it works well in a NA engine, and apparently has a significant impact on emissions.

·
Registered
2001 Catera
49 Posts
Did anyone notice that even though the GM site said the new CTS would not get the 8-spd automatic, they said it would come with the higher(2.85) gear ratio that all of the new 8-spd cars are getting....I wonder if the turbo four would get th 8-spd?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts