Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a cadillac cts that has the check engine light on, use the scanner and it tells me i have a missfire on cilynder 2 failure and an evaporation leak or something like that i already changed the spark plug and moved coil number two to the cylinder One to see if the coil was bad but after all that it works for a while and the light comes out in two or three days, in addition to when I have it on and parked it feels like slight pulls.
the car has 75k miles is a v4 2.0 turbo from 2015, any suggestions? Thank you

·
Registered
SRX,ATS,CTS(2), CT6
206 Posts
Could be 2 problems or 1 problem and a false alarm.

Starting with the evap leak. I can't recall when the cts got capless fuel fill. If you have a cap, tighten it.

Next, suspect a vacuum leak someplace possibly causing the evap leak test fail. This vacuum leak could also be the cause of several other codes along with a rough idle. Possibly, cylinder 2 is not actually the problem, it just happens to be the one throwing the code for the funky emissions caused by the leak.

Once that's sorted, and codes cleared, see if the misfire code returns. If you already ruled out plug and coil, check wiring to the coil and injector specific to cyl 2. Also consider something injector related since we are looking for things isolated to just 1 cylinder.

A more organized approach could be taken if you had freeze frame data, fuel trim info, o2 sensor data etc, but I'm giving you GUESSES on the assumption that none of that specific detail is available since we are mostly DIY types hoping to avoid the cost of a dealer visit (understandably)

A word on the 2.0t and plugs- there was a campaign on the early 2.0 to install colder plugs due to some severe pre-ignition damage that was happening. The early ones were really aggressively tuned (hence the higher hp spec compared to later years). Ensure you are replacing plugs with the proper heat range. Also consider a compression test or running a scope into that cylinder if you can't sort this out. It's not unheard of for the 2.0 to suffer some damage- it is making close to 130 hp/liter after all which would be called "race car" not long ago! Us old schoolers would note it's only like 120 cubic inches and is running in excess of 2 hp/inch. That's like a 700 hp small block!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.