Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this little blighter accessible to the lower end of the car or does the fuel tank require removal to access, trying to diagnose an issue, already tried cleaning up the vent pipe to the gas filler and its clear of blockages, the fuel cap not yet replaced but forward thinking want to know how bigger job replacing the FTP sensor will be, I hate check engine lights, it just comes back on with P0451 and P0453 each time I reset it with my bluetooth OBDII.

Many thanks in advance

Stuart

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6
2,937 Posts
Check the simple stuff first. Take a good look at the cap, maybe it's not sealing.
Replace if questionable, they are not expensive.

After researching those codes I would change the Evap. Purge Solenoid.
It's easy & cheap.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks will give both of those a go and see how it goes! :)

----------

Quick question, is there a right and wrong way to fit a purge solenoid?, I removed my engine cover and checked out the solenoid underneath, what threw me was this photo on here after searching for photos of one:

Both of these are google images photos and not my vehicle as its to dark here in the UK to get a good shot!
Mine is fitted the reverse way to this so that the connector end has the black pushfit and the non connector end has the white pushfit, so beginning to think its fitted wrong way round, will give it a go tomorrow other way I think providing someone could confirm for me as id hate to do the car any damage!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will only fit one way on my caddy so it cant be that as the wire wont stretch enough to plug into it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could well be, mines a euro spec right hand drive, its a sad shame that Cadillac didn't fit a fuel pump door access panel to the vehicle for easier maintainability, found a pdf for fitting a new FTP sensor, heres a link if it helps anyone, 4 hour job with good set of garage ramps: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/molurch/2011-02-27_223903_fuelt.pdf
Gonna try a new gas cap first then reset the codes again and see if it comes back, I guess one way of testing if its leaking would be to go for a good drive then park up and undo the cap and see if it hisses right?
If so will have to order one from rock auto as they dont have many cts parts this side of the pond!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well fellas it turns out the air filter was past its best, I didn't know how long it had been since the filter was done so replaced out with a K&N lifetime filter, the engine light and P0451/P0453 codes have gone so far!

Bah, so much for that lol, after a few restarts its come back!:rolleyes:

Stu

·
Registered
1 Posts
05 cts same evap code on my scanner it shows no voltage but the connections show they have power and so does the pressure censer what do I do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts