Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I found this post from a while back:
"When the remote control is activated the door lock clicks and the locking button raises but you cannot open the door from either the inside or outside? I cannot see any way of getting the panel off the door to see what is going on with it closed."

I could not find any posts how to solve it or that it had bee resolved ;(

I am experiencing the exact same issue.

I can "unlock" manually from inside, but the door will not release when opening either from inside or outside.
The key will lock the door but will not engage the unlock when the key is turned to unlock.

The door panel can not be removed when the door is closed but I have been able to "open" it enough to access the door lock and manually lifted the lock unlock mechanism to no avail and I am wondering if there need to be an electrical input to an actuator which the key lock should send in additional to the mechanical function it gives to the door lock.

Any and all helpful suggestions will be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.2L M35 LtPt
240 Posts
In the 1st gen, the door lock and latch is a single module. I've replaced my rear drivers' side, and now my passengers' front lock no longer opens remotely. However, I've never seen the 'cannot open from inside'. It almost sounds like someone/something has disconnected the lever mechanism from the latch. There's just a plastic connection there, so I could see it possible to break. If that rod / lever connection is broken, well... you're in a pickle, I have no answer.

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
268 Posts
I was thinking exactly the same as Cabletech

Roy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts