Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a cts 2003 non-bose and recently i noticed that the quality sound is going down. Out of all the radio stations only one sounds good without static. My brother has mp3 player with FM modulator and it sounds shitty on my car where it is perfect in his car.

The funny thing is that i couldn't even find the antenna to start looking for any damage. (even though i found on this forum it says it is on the front and back windows)

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
samari said:
Hello All,

I have a cts 2003 non-bose and recently i noticed that the quality sound is going down. Out of all the radio stations only one sounds good without static. My brother has mp3 player with FM modulator and it sounds shitty on my car where it is perfect in his car.

The funny thing is that i couldn't even find the antenna to start looking for any damage. (even though i found on this forum it says it is on the front and back windows)

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks
Sounds like a definate antenna issue. I assume that CD's are fine, but only radio is worse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, CDs work great with excellent quality. The only issue is with Radio. I hope someone can give me pointers to work with.

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 CTS (sold), 2014 ATS
453 Posts
My radio was doing some weird things for a while, although not related to sound quality. It cleared up after I had to disconnect the battery for a few seconds to correct a no-start condition. It might be worth a try ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts