Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 2006
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS, 2.8 , 76,000 km, that all of a sudden when I turned it on starting shaking, and caused the engine light to come on. Also seems to be flashing the engine light when driving. I immediately parked it, and bought an OBD Scanner. Here are the codes, and brief descriptions that came up:

P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected.

P0262 - Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit High.

So does anyone know what this means? Online they seem to say check out the spark plugs, unfortunately I'm not a handy person, and don't have a garage where I can attempt to do this on my own. Looking for any guidance, or what to tell a mechanic, so that I don't get my robbed in repair fees. Any estimates, or recommendations, are welcome, and much appreciated.

Thanks for any and all help guys, and please let me know if you have more questions!

·
Registered
CTS 2003
51 Posts
The blinking check engine light means there is a misfire happening at the time. Cylinder #1 is misfiring according to the code, and the fuel injector is causing the misfire. Spark plugs could be the problem, but there is a code for the fuel injector, which is the part that injects the fuel that the spark plug burns. Its seems that the misfire is being caused by a bad fuel injector in cylinder 1. Hope I helped!

·
Registered
CTS 2006
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's possible it could be both the spark plug, AND the fuel injector? Or fixing the fuel injector is the most important step first? Thanks for your help. Now wondering what this is going to cost ha-ha.

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
So it's possible it could be both the spark plug, AND the fuel injector? Or fixing the fuel injector is the most important step first? Thanks for your help. Now wondering what this is going to cost ha-ha.
It is probably the injector but for $7 for a new AC delco plug I would try that first. I think you have room to remove the coil without taking the manifold off on #1. 10 minute job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts