Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This article just came out a few hours ago and explains how the real flagship for Cadillac is still four years away. I just don't know why Cadillac would comment on this when the CT6 isn't even out yet !!! An interesting read and certainly sounds like an exciting car but I still disagree 100% with the motoring press saying that the interiors and the overall quality of the Cadillac is not up to the Audi Mercedes Benz level yet. While in the same article they say how the ATS and CTS are better than offerings from BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Hello ? What on earth are they waiting for Cadillac to come out with a car that drives on air ?

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/magazine/1508-cadillac-ct8-will-be-the-brands-first-true-flagship-in-modern-era/

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
No one can comment on the quality of a car months away from release.

As for whether the CT6 was a true flagship, the press kept saying it. Cadillac has already said a bigger, TRUE flagship is coming. But, in the meantime, this is the temporary big car flagship. As the XTS badly was...

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
I hope cadillac goes american and makes the ct8 a drop top kind of a ciel/ Elmiraj mix they say these huge $$$$ don't make money anyways

·
Registered
2017 CT6 Platinum
51 Posts
The CT8 with an actual V8 was what the CT6 should have been. 20 years of nothing but Cadillacs and my next car won't be one. Shame they had to let us down with another stopgap measure like the XTS.

·
Registered
114 Posts
texmaster said:
The CT8 with an actual V8 was what the CT6 should have been. 20 years of nothing but Cadillacs and my next car won't be one. Shame they had to let us down with another stopgap measure like the XTS.
I sadly agree.

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
The ups and downs of Cadillac are common, everyone should know this by now. This is the Cimarron phase relived, everyone thought GM had lost their respective minds and were toast...( burnt ) disappointed, frustration...it's all happened before. Then they got their shit together and were icons of the post present generation. While I don't agree with chase the jones aspect....this pause is not uncommon to the competitive market its just painful to watch.

·
Registered
2011 DTS luxury
231 Posts
I honestly dont get the strategy of building an almost flagship and then showing us the real flagship which is many years in the future ?
Seems those of us who waited for XTS replacement are encouraged to wait for the CT8 model.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
texmaster said:
Well...I disagree. The CT6 will be the " range topping" model for a good 3 years until CT8 comes out. The CT6 is giving us everything in the "7 Series &S Class" segment less a V8. So if the CT6 is competitive with that class what's there to complain about ?

I think CT8 is going be something extremely radical. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well...I disagree. The CT6 will be the " range topping" model for a good 3 years until CT8 comes out. The CT6 is giving us everything in the "7 Series &S Class" segment less a V8. So if the CT6 is competitive with that class what's there to complain about ?

CT8 radical? Probably not, but I certainly hope more dramatic than the upcoming CT6 which, handsome as it is, appears disappointingly conventional for such a pivotal car.

I essentially agree with the rest of your post. Excepting the Escalade, which is kind of in a category by itself, the CT6 will be the most expensive model, which by default makes it the so-called flagship until the more expensive CT8 is introduced in 2019 or whenever.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Please. Whaaa. It's not a stopgap, it's just not a big S class competitor. It's still going to be a big, gorgeous car. It's nothing like the XTS.

----------

I honestly dont get the strategy of building an almost flagship and then showing us the real flagship which is many years in the future ?
Seems those of us who waited for XTS replacement are encouraged to wait for the CT8 model.
You can't afford it.

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
Supposedly they will offer ct6 with a v8 prolly a v sport or V

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DSNCB919 said:
Supposedly they will offer ct6 with a v8 prolly a v sport or V
Certainly possible. We know GM's new V8 wasn't ready when CT6 made its debut at NY Auto show. Hopefully a V8 with a really good Tesla like "Hybrid" option.

·
Registered
2011 DTS luxury
231 Posts

Actually as i think about my next car your points are worth considering .

With Mercedes,Toyota taking a financial stand against religious liberty and 1A,they have taken themselves off my list for consideration .
BMW which Ive always thought overpriced and high maintenanceis is not something Ive ever been tempted by .
Infinity is producing some nice cars,but the body styling with those swoops and bends dont appeal to me,although the V8 and features do.
Does anyone know what category Acura is in ? I dont know anyone who has one and Ive never looked . seems name recognition is really lacking in what is probably a fine car .
The 2 built in Korea cars are no doubt worth a look . I did examine the V8 genisis and the interior was not up to DTS standards .
Maseratti could get a look but a lack of dealers and other considerations make my purchase unlikely.
Porshe panamerica is a 4 seat model that really doesnt fit my needs.
Audi A8 has a smallish trunk and I think it has a reputation of "high maintenance" and poor resale.

Jaguar is a consideration although Ive not seen a dealership nor have i shopped for that brand,now under FMC ownership .

It looks like DG2 has summed up the situation pretty good in that CT6 is the current flagship . If the bug bites before the CT8? This might be the car I buy !

1 - 20 of 109 Posts