Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CT6-V Pricing

13K views 67 replies 29 participants last post by  dcpattie 
#1 ·
any idea when pricing will come out?

#2 · (Edited)
This may be after the fact since you posted this a couple of weeks ago. However if you do a web search on "Cadillac CT6-V", there are any number of sites with this information. Additionally on this forum there is an ordering sheet available in the CT6 sub-forum. Here is the link to the ordering sheet, https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ct6-1st-generation-forum-2016/1067986-2019-ct6-order-guide-available-now.html

#5 ·
Cadillac can't win with this one. It will probably list ~ 115K. Yes, it undercuts the S63 AMG and Alpina BMW by thousands but if I were looking for a large lux sedan I might sacrifice the 9 inches in overall length and get the M5 which starts ~ 105K. Honestly, no Cadillac should have a MSRP above 80K. I think GM really struggles with Caddy's above 80k.

#8 ·
You are going to be looking at about a $27,000.00 trade difference. You will take a major hit for such an early trade out of the 2019 as you lost about $15,000 when you drove the car off the lot. The 2019 CT6-V will price out $10,000-$15,000 above the price of your car.
The trade difference may be a couple of thousand less but I can almost assure you that I am in the ball park.
I have been there and done it and I can tell you to trade a new car in the first year is the worse thing that you can do. I only recommend doing so when you have a new car that you absolutely cannot live with and to take the financial hit might save your sanity or such a finacial hit is not going to brake your bank account:wisdom:

#9 ·
This is a great analysis, and pretty much what I thought. I assume your figures are in USD. Converting the prediction of your $27,000 to CAD, that's about $35K. I actually expected to be worse... upwards of $40K CAD.

The best bet would be to wait a year... Buy the 2019 CT6-V next summer (2020), and then sell the 2018 CT6. The spread won't be as bad.

It'll be interesting to see the cards side-by-side... Staring down that aggressive grille... and giving them both a spin... the current TT up against the V8. It will be within minutes that I would make the determination as to how much it's worth it!

The CT6-V may be a disappointment, or it may be a MUST have car! I'm looking forward to checking it out! That - and the 2020 Escalade. The interior is supposed to be something else. Two vehicles that can be quite exciting!!

#10 ·
What strikes me as totally absent in these given pricing computations offered by members so far is the almost absolute certainty of a $ubstantial :drool2: dealer markup for the expected limited production run of the 550hp CT6-V. NA auto dealers have historically demonstrated a special knack to manipulate the "Monroney" price of a particular coveted vehicle.

#11 ·
Patience will be rewarded for the CT6 V. I can guarantee that come winter 2019/2020 there will still be dozens on dealers lots (I'm assuming a production run of ~ 300-400 cars). If you can stand not optioning the car exactly to your specs then this route can easily save you 20% off MSRP (if not more). Cadillac will sell a bunch during the first 2-3 months and then sales will fall off a cliff. Dealer mark-ups on cars < 60K is one thing, marking up a car that is already > 115K will be a non-starter.

#18 ·
Got a call from my dealer today. He said that he can get a 2019 CT6 w/V8 for about $95k. Super Cruise is not an option and is not available. 500HP, etc. They are not going to make very many. Thanks, but no. My 18 CT6 Platnum is just fine for these old bones. My old demised 2017 3.0tt was a blast. Trouble free until Atlanta. Oh well.

#24 ·
There sold out now

"It moves fast. No joke. We’re sorry that you missed the window to reserve a CT6-V. But don’t worry, there’s still time to visit your Cadillac dealer and experience the newly redesigned 2019 CT6."

Soon to be on EBAY at a ridiculously inflated price. lol

#30 ·
I would agree!

I gave email November 29 last year for emails from Gm about the V. I received a email welcoming me on the same day.

Email header was.....

You're among the first to know everything about the newly redesigned 2019 CT6 and the first-ever CT6-V

It also continues with.....

The evolution does not stop there—in Spring 2019, enter the first-ever CT6-V featuring Cadillac's exclusive Twin Turbo V8 engine. The 2019 CT6-V is the embodiment of our passion for exhilarating driving experiences without compromise. It strikes the perfect balance between luxury, technology and thrilling performance.

Spring 2019 ? Hmmm NOT !

No email since! Nothing about 275 limited , nothing for see your dealer jan 10, First to know there sold out though.

#28 ·
It is my understanding that the 275 CT6-V's are limited to pre-orders; that may leave opportunity for more orders (and production) after introduction begins. After all the Blackwing is a hand built engine so some exclusivity will be guaranteed (just for that fact alone). Below is a copy of the press release:

NEW YORK – Cadillac announced that starting today customers can now request a preorder for the first-ever CT6-V. Preorders for the V-Series version of the top-of-range sedan, arriving in mid-2019, will be capped at 275 for the United States.
The 2019 Cadillac CT6-V starts at $88,790.*
“The 2019 CT6-V marks the expansion of the V-Series sub-brand and is the proof point of Cadillac’s commitment to build high-performance vehicles as we continue our product offensive,” said Steve Carlisle, president of Cadillac. “Fans of Cadillac will see high-performance variants across our portfolio.”
At the heart of the 2019 CT6-V is the all-new hand-built Blackwing™ V-8, which was announced in March 2018. The Cadillac exclusive 4.2 L twin-turbo V-8 elevates the CT6-V’s performance and delivers a Cadillac-estimated 550 horsepower (410 kW) and 627 lb-ft of torque (850 Nm)**.
Purchase of the 2019 Cadillac CT6-V includes tuition and luxury accommodation at the 2-day Cadillac V-Performance Academy at Spring Mountain (offer valid for 1 year, reserved for the original owner of each new, unused model).
* Editors’ note: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes tax, title, license, delivery, dealer fees, and optional equipment.
**Cadillac estimated. Horsepower/Torque pending SAE certification.

#31 ·
I also had requested to be updated on the CT6-V information via email and like others had received information indicating that the car would be available in mid 2019.
So obviously I was taken by surprise when pre-ordering became suddenly available without notice to those requesting information in advance.
I just got off the phone with Cadillac customer service regarding this issue and the representative indicated that they have been receiving numerous calls from disappointed potential customers.
For what it’s worth she indicated that upper management is aware of this although it doesn’t seem that quota of 275
will be lifted. She did say that Cadillac was taken by surprise at how quickly they sold out.
So maybe if enough of us call and express our disappointment they will reconsider that 275 limit.... Just hoping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.