Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome car! It's supposed to compete with the BMW 7 series, Mercedes S-Class, and Audi A8, but to me this is a looker and looks way more elegant! It will have a much higher price tag than the XTS, which makes the XTS a bargain. I hope the XTS stays around as its price point is better for customers that previously bought a DTS or Deville and just want a comfortable, quiet ride and don't care about FWD vs. RWD.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
The exterior and interior look amazing BUT where is the volume knob??? LOL, did GM learn anything from the first round of complaints with CUE? The steering wheel is MY only true dislike so far but I could get over it. (looks too much like Chevy's IMO) I always reserve final judgement until I see it in person and drive it.

Any though on cost? My guess is it starts in the mid 60's? 70's?

Another good article: http://www.caranddriver.com/cadillac/ct6

Many are stating the CT6 will start at 70k and will easily reach six figures loaded up...Godspeed Cadillac, Godspeed!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm wondering what happened to the V8 RWD configuration? Right now it's setup just like a XTS VSport, V6 tt AWD

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
30 Posts
Nice looking car the stance has improved.
Media is bragging about a 10 inch cue screen.
The XTS is 8 inch. Each one is a hazard if
used while driving.
Media bragging about 40.4 inch rear leg room.
The XTS is 40.0.
Media bragging about a 3.0 TT 400 HP v six.
The XTS is 3.6 TT 410 HP v six.
Ct 6 (204) is only 2 inches longer than the XTS (202).
It does have a great wheelbase of 122.4 the XTS is 111.7.
Glad the media is giving Cadillac good press on
the CT6. I will drive the CT6 but I have my doubts
about dropping 40 grand and my XTS for this car.
Cameras rear wheel steer waiting to see if its worth it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Based on what I'm seeing and reading so far, I think I'd pick an XTS over this CT6. The whole idea with this new flagship car was supposed to use a new chassis and have (hopefully an LS series) V8 with RWD or AWD. How do they expect to compete with the Mercedes S class and BMW 7 series with powertrain options like a 4 cyl or tt V6? Really? People shopping that level of car won't even consider it. Have they actually driven an S550 and S63 to see what they're up against? I had an ATS loaner a couple times with that 4 cyl and it sounds and feels like a POS, can't imagine putting that in a flagship. This car needs a slightly detuned version of the new CTS-V motor if they really want to be players in the high end lux world. Now that the waiting game is over, I have a feeling leftover XTS V Sport inventory still sitting on dealer lots are going to start selling.

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
PNBLWZD said:
Based on what I'm seeing and reading so far, I think I'd pick an XTS over this CT6. The whole idea with this new flagship car was supposed to use a new chassis and have (hopefully an LS series) V8 with RWD or AWD. How do they expect to compete with the Mercedes S class and BMW 7 series with powertrain options like a 4 cyl or tt V6? Really? People shopping that level of car won't even consider it. Have they actually driven an S550 and S63 to see what they're up against? I had an ATS loaner a couple times with that 4 cyl and it sounds and feels like a POS, can't imagine putting that in a flagship. This car needs a slightly detuned version of the new CTS-V motor if they really want to be players in the high end lux world. Now that the waiting game is over, I have a feeling leftover XTS V Sport inventory still sitting on dealer lots are going to start selling.
So you think the car should have a V-8?

I saw one today, that great big car with a V-6 isn't even in the game.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
^^ Or a V12 like the S600....now THAT would be a flagship engine:D

·
Registered
2014 XTS-4 Vsport Premium
74 Posts
Nice car but it should have a bigger motor. With 6 more new designs coming out over the next 5 years patients might be the winner here. I do like it though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts