Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
'10 3.0 AWD Sedan
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong - nice car and looked to check all the right boxes. It looked luxurious and was right sized, but their recent prototypes have been so sexy and to me this looks a little too conservative. On the upside, I think this is the best application yet of the wrap around headlight/tail light combo to the top of the body work.

·
Registered
'10 3.0 AWD Sedan
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and I'll be looking for the biggest engine possible for it..
The engine they are pushing at least initially is a 3.0 twin turbo.
Even if it has the power IDK how it will go over in this class of car. JMO but I think the domestics are rushing into these engine configurations a little too whole heartedly. Americans like their V8's.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Not in their mid size luxury sedans, they don't.

----------

And for someone that had owned 2 Vs and was excited to see each of the ATS-V and CTS-V for the first time, I spent a couple minutes for each of them.

I spent about an hour on the CT6. It's stunning.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree. It is stunning. It's not a flashy car like the Maybach Benz or a Maserati. It's more like a conservative A8. It's handsome and will make a nice replacement for the wonkish XTS.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
30 Posts
Honestly. To me the thing wrong with this car is also wrong with every Cadillac car. The front is awesome pretty much 100% perfect. But the back of the car is plain and boring and just looks empty as if something is missing. I think they have to start changing the long lights on there cars.

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
It definitely has a more macho stance than the XTS. The interior is a bit of a disappointment, though maybe it's the color choice that makes it look boring. Need to see the whole thing in person.

Just as an aside: Where is the CT6 listed in the "Cadillac Model Discussions" header??

·
Registered
'10 3.0 AWD Sedan
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly. To me the thing wrong with this car is also wrong with every Cadillac car. The front is awesome pretty much 100% perfect. But the back of the car is plain and boring and just looks empty as if something is missing. I think they have to start changing the long lights on there cars.
I'd agree with this for the ATS & CTS but not this car. I think that this is the most cohesive use of the elongated headlight / taillight combo and thought that part looked sharp. I also don't think the XTS is going away. This will slot above it.

·
Registered
2020 XT6 Premium Luxury AWD - Horizon Red/Jet Black
269 Posts
I'd agree with this for the ATS & CTS but not this car. I think that this is the most cohesive use of the elongated headlight / taillight combo and thought that part looked sharp. I also don't think the XTS is going away. This will slot above it.
It's already been announced by Cadillac that the XTS will go away in 2019 after this model run. It has 3 more model years to go.

·
Registered
780 Posts
A conservatively handsome car to be sure, and with real presence, but for such a pivotal car - and especially at its projected price point - I'm sorry it looks so much like every other Cadillac. If the rumored ultra-lux model (CT7 or CT8, or whatever) happens, that one's going to have to be gorgeous as well..

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
It definitely has a more macho stance than the XTS. The interior is a bit of a disappointment, though maybe it's the color choice that makes it look boring. Need to see the whole thing in person.

Just as an aside: Where is the CT6 listed in the "Cadillac Model Discussions" header??
See it in person first.

----------

A conservatively handsome car to be sure, and with real presence, but for such a pivotal car - and especially at its projected price point - I'm sorry it looks so much like every other Cadillac. If the rumored ultra-lux model (CT7 or CT8, or whatever) happens, that one's going to have to be gorgeous as well..
Works for the Germans and Lexus...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Works for the Germans and Lexus...[/QUOTE]

Well, you've got a point. God knows, all Mercedes now look alike, and most Audis do too. But Cadillac's coming from behind, so it has to do more, and snaring customers at an emotional level (spectacular styling) would only help.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
I'm sorry, but the front end does absolutely nothing for me. I think the light/LED combo looks strange....like it was accidentally melted together; especially when lite. It looks like a general smearing any distance away. I was hoping for more of an Emiraji look; this model unfortunately was not it.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
The styling is perhaps a little mild (very subjective in any case) but technically the CT6 is a powerhouse. The design, in my eye, while conservative, is quite handsome (it should 'stay' the test of time and not be a style out of phase in a couple of years); kind of like the STS's (at least in my opinion, still have presence).

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
C&C said:
The styling is perhaps a little mild (very subjective in any case) but technically the CT6 is a powerhouse. The design, in my eye, while conservative, is quite handsome (it should 'stay' the test of time and not be a style out of phase in a couple of years); kind of like the STS's (at least in my opinion, still have presence).

Agree. That's what the CEO had said in an interview. They didn't want it to be too polarizing and have a short shelf life rather be enough of " Art & science that it will age well. I think they hit it just right and I'm sure when we see it out in the wild it will look far more edgy then at the auto show. Your point is also well taken on the STS I've had mine for 10 1/2 years now and it is still a sharp looking car that does not look dated

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,341 Posts
Looks weird without the 3rd brake light on the trunk...they moved it up like the model s, gran coupe and A7

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I'm sorry, but the front end does absolutely nothing for me. I think the light/LED combo looks strange....like it was accidentally melted together; especially when lite. It looks like a general smearing any distance away. I was hoping for more of an Emiraji look; this model unfortunately was not it.
So you saw it in person?

·
Registered
2017 CT6 Platinum
51 Posts
Not in their mid size luxury sedans, they don't.
I'm sorry, was this supposed to be a mid size luxury sedan or the flagship of Cadillac? Your argument makes zero sense considering the hype and size.

And for someone that had owned 2 Vs and was excited to see each of the ATS-V and CTS-V for the first time, I spent a couple minutes for each of them.

I spent about an hour on the CT6. It's stunning.
I've owned 7 Cadillacs all V8s. I don't care how many more mice you shove into the exercise ball in a V6, it never sounds or feels like a V8 including the XTS. Cadillac made a major mistake here considering what the price tag will be. No one on the golf course cares how light your luxury sedan is or how well the power is distributed to all the wheels.

·
Registered
2011 DTS luxury
231 Posts
I'm sorry, was this supposed to be a mid size luxury sedan or the flagship of Cadillac? Your argument makes zero sense considering the hype and size.

I have the same questions .

I've owned 7 Cadillacs all V8s. I don't care how many more mice you shove into the exercise ball in a V6, it never sounds or feels like a V8 including the XTS. Cadillac made a major mistake here considering what the price tag will be. No one on the golf course cares how light your luxury sedan is or how well the power is distributed to all the wheels.
Exactly !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts