Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there were MANY CT5-V reviews posted in the standard CT5 Forum before the V-specific forum was created, so perhaps those can be replicated here over time.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a recent video review comparing the CT5-V to the Tesla Model 3 Long-Range (not Performance):

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze
21 Posts
There are an overwhelming amount of positive reviews for the 5V! I myself prefer the Caddy over the M340i after test driving three examples of each. Can’t speak for the Tesla, but I also tried out the C43 which didn’t impress me as much as I hoped for the price. Can’t wait to place my order for this beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 ATS Coupe, 13 ATS Sedan10 SRX
111 Posts
I am awaitign my black on black CT5 V to arrive at the dealer. I was told that it is in the state and off the train about 50 miles west of here. Can't wait!

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze
21 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the new 12 inch gauge cluster?
Interested in that too. Plus the two new colors. Gonna call my dealer next week to see when they start taking orders

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh wow...they actually DID add the reconfigurable, full-digital display cluster! Excellent...to me, that was the only real downside of the car. This, with the addition of Super Cruise should render this a VERY compelling and competitive car. I can't wait for (presumably) upcoming comparisons with the M340i, S4, etc. I assume these have been delayed by COVID. Good work Cadillac!

p.s. I SO wanted to order one of these, but I'm afraid my family is too big to comfortably fit in the back!

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,082 Posts
These new V's are so horribly underwhelming. I really enjoyed my V1 and V2. V's need to have an M6 + and LTx.

Sad.

-Chris

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These new V's are so horribly underwhelming. I really enjoyed my V1 and V2. V's need to have an M6 + and LTx.

Sad.

-Chris
This isn't the new "V" - the is essentially the replacement for the V-Sport. The "new" V is the "Blackwing" and it will have a V8 and a manual. There's about either car that is underwhelming.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Again, a huge helping of MEH. I've had 3 LSx vehicles. I love being able to easily mod the heck out of them. If I wanted overpriced DOHC that cost a bazillion to modify, I'd go Teutonic.

GM had the formula in 2004, and kept that going through V2, then lost their way. I'll never get rid of my V1, but I'm done with GM, and their DIPSHIT ways.

-Chris

P.S. Northstar V's were crap as well.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again, a huge helping of MEH. I've had 3 LSx vehicles. I love being able to easily mod the heck out of them. If I wanted overpriced DOHC that cost a bazillion to modify, I'd go Teutonic.

GM had the formula in 2004, and kept that going through V2, then lost their way. I'll never get rid of my V1, but I'm done with GM, and their DIPSHIT ways.

-Chris

P.S. Northstar V's were crap as well.
You're entitled to your opinion, but you're clearly in the minority...on this forum, and in the formal automotive reviews. Doubtful anyone would agree that V1 and V2 were better than V3 and V4, which are VASTLY superior cars in build quality, interior quality, and even driving dynamics. In fact, the only knock against V3 was the lack of a manual transmission, which is being addressed with V4.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
You're entitled to your opinion, but you're clearly in the minority...on this forum, and in the formal automotive reviews. Doubtful anyone would agree that V1 and V2 were better than V3 and V4, which are VASTLY superior cars in build quality, interior quality, and even driving dynamics. In fact, the only knock against V3 was the lack of a manual transmission, which is being addressed with V4.
Didn't I read that the new platform was not as good in the dynamic department as the ATS? I have an ATS and it's a blast. If they had only shoe-horned an LS7 into the ATS to make the V, I would have gotten one for sure.

You are correct, I have not driven the V3 or the new CT4/5. If the new "V's" aren't really "V's", but rather V-Sports....why not call them that? Just GM, being dumb ass GM.

Also if the new V's are so much better, why aren't they selling? V2 sold double the V1. V3 sold half the V1 numbers.

-Chris

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't I read that the new platform was not as good in the dynamic department as the ATS? I have an ATS and it's a blast. If they had only shoe-horned an LS7 into the ATS to make the V, I would have gotten one for sure.

You are correct, I have not driven the V3 or the new CT4/5. If the new "V's" aren't really "V's", but rather V-Sports....why not call them that? Just GM, being dumb ass GM.

Also if the new V's are so much better, why aren't they selling? V2 sold double the V1. V3 sold half the V1 numbers.

Take the blinders off hommie.

-Chris
I don't think I'm the one with blinders on...read every review of the CT5-V (Sport) you can find, then come back here and tell us exactly how horrible it is. Better yet, go drive one...

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
I don't think I'm the one with blinders on...read every review of the CT5-V (Sport) you can find, then come back here and tell us exactly how horrible it is. Better yet, go drive one...
I've been out of GM land for a while. Don't both the CT4-V and CT5-V have less HP and TQ (and probably weigh more) than the V1?

Have you owned a V1 or V2? Do you own a V3 or V4/5?

-Chris

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze
21 Posts
I've been out of GM land for a while. Don't both the CT4-V and CT5-V have less HP and TQ (and probably weigh more) than the V1?

Have you owned a V1 or V2? Do you own a V3 or V4/5?

-Chris
Lol dude go troll somewhere else

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Real solid review from motor authority. Even likes the interior materials, which you don’t hear too often.

Pretty shocked at the "comments" at the end of this forum....the review was overwhelmingly positive, yet the feedback from readers was filled with vitriol! Why?! I swear, I don't think half of the people who comment on articles (automotive, or otherwise) even bother to read it...they just pile on what they "think."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts