Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, spotted what looks like the CT5-V on the 401 in Oshawa. The body style even through the rorschach livery is way more aggresive, overall length and width are increased, as well as the hood scoop being very pronounced. Sorry the footage wasn't the greatest.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville Base - Gold
319 Posts
Thanks for the vids, CadillacGM! They weren't bad at all. That's definitely the CT5-V Blackwing or whatever its gonna be called. Definitely wider and a bit longer, and lower it seems too. Did you catch an exhaust note? Probably not at that speed/engine RPM's. Hopefully this means it'll be out soon, sightings have gone up in September and October!

Reactions: CadillacGM

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
546 Posts
Yes, thanks for those videos (on the move!). Maybe I missed it, but in every video I've seen concerning the V+ (Blackwing?) versions of the CT4 & 5... I haven't seen any kind of extraction venting on the hood for all that extra power & heat. Near as I can tell, the risen center bulge may allow air extraction way back at the base of the windshield maybe. Cleaner look, but not as aggressive, and probably not as efficient either.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the vids, CadillacGM! They weren't bad at all. That's definitely the CT5-V Blackwing or whatever its gonna be called. Definitely wider and a bit longer, and lower it seems too. Did you catch an exhaust note? Probably not at that speed/engine RPM's. Hopefully this means it'll be out soon, sightings have gone up in September and October!
Thats pretty bang on, the car was pretty quiet, the driver was cruising at 60. Wasn't able to hear anything at such low revs.

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Luxury - ATS retired (torque coverter shudder)
737 Posts
Thats pretty bang on, the car was pretty quiet, the driver was cruising at 60. Wasn't able to hear anything at such low revs.
Nice catch GM. Impressive video skills while driving!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts