Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6L AWD Performance
437 Posts
The CT5 Build is now on the website!
Will be interesting how the pricing is received...
RWD V starts at $48,690...AWD at $50,690...both with leatherette seats, base stereo, and the base gauge cluster.
Want leather? Add the Premium Package which also mandates the Climate/Lighting Packages and the stereo/nav upgrade (which also seems to require the other 3 packages as prerequisites) ...~$6400 in extras to arrive at 'well-equipped'. So, I guess still $4-6K off of a well-optioned, upper range CTS? The performance specs will hopefully be a substantial improvement. But...

...want a sunroof? Ho, ho, ho...add almost $14,000 to the base price because you need the Platinum Package, and to option that, you need to option everything else. Toss in a wheel upgrade and a premium color, you've arrived at $64K (or $66K for AWD) - $4-5K off a loaded CTS V-Sport. Super Cruise is nice and all, but you just know it will require the Platinum Pkg., and presto, you're at a $70K CT5-V.

On paper, The V trim ticks a lot of boxes in terms of tech and features, but as a package - at that price point - I'm not sure. I don't yet see what this does better than the competition, i.e. where's its 'killer app'? The critical reception for these cars will be very interesting... :unsure:

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,138 Posts
I have noticed that the domino effect of packages adding/requiring other packages is worse on the V
compared to the other trims.

They don't make it clear that the Sport + V come with leatherette seats.

CT5 is still plenty less $ than a similar optioned CTS.
On CTS I think a rear camera mirror could be added for $875. On CT5 it requires a Pkg that adds a Pkg,
growing to ~ $6,000.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
450 Posts
I don't see the whisper beige interior. Is the "Build Your Own" still teething?

·
Registered
450 Posts
If I give up the 3.0, HUD and some other niceties, I can get a Luxury for $42k. Otherwise an optioned out 3.0 Premium is $60K, hmm.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I don't see the whisper beige interior. Is the "Build Your Own" still teething?
It looks like Whisper Beige is only an option on Sport + V.

The build has had problems in the past, especially on new models.

·
Registered
450 Posts
So, is this a glich in the guide or is it me? V RWD shows 4 interior color choices. V AWD shows black interior only.

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
514 Posts
So, is this a glich in the guide or is it me? V RWD shows 4 interior color choices. V AWD shows black interior only.
Same for me. Can't believe that Caddy would limit the interior colors based on RWD vs AWD, but then again we are talking a GM entity. Hopefully a glitch, otherwise....fools!

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6L AWD Performance
437 Posts
Same for me. Can't believe that Caddy would limit the interior colors based on RWD vs AWD, but then again we are talking a GM entity. Hopefully a glitch, otherwise....fools!
It's not limited...but the way it's set up is confusing.

Since the base V car comes with black (no optional colors) leatherette as standard, you have to go to the next step, select the Premium Package, then step back to see the different leather options: Jet Black or Whisper Beige with Jet Black accents ($1500 options...wtf?!?), or the Platinum Package's Sedona Sauvage for about $14,000 when all's said and done. And remember, a >$64,000 MSRP is the only way to get a sunroof on an AWD V.

So you can get a base AWD V for $51,290 (including $600 for heated front seats/steering wheel), but if you want leather, your MSRP is at least $57,680 because you need $6400 in options to achieve leather seats.

Meanwhile, a $45,000 AWD Premium Luxury with the 2-point-slowT offers you 3 leather color options, and the panoramic sunroof can be had in a $43,000 AWD Luxury trim. So the more you spend, the more expensive that the 'typical' luxury equipment gets. Maybe it's me, but something about that strategy doesn't seem right...Cadillac is not Porsche. :unsure:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
It is weird and not making sense why the V, with more HP, FE3 Susp and MRC, would have different requirements
to add various non performance options, that can be added individually or near individually on the other trims.

Maybe they share computers/wiring or maybe they want to boost profits on the V, thinking that some will
pay what it takes to make the V what they want, even if buying more features than desired.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
The Cadillac website has the Build + Price running.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts