Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
450 Posts
I purchased a 2017 Mustang V6 new, one reason being last year of V6. My XTS uses regular which is 90 cents cheaper than premium around here. Every 12 gal. fill up puts 10.80 in my pocket. Not chump change when added up IMO. Now, I might be convinced to swap both my cars for a V6 AWD CT5, but not a 4 banger. V8 V, I might get reckless and do it but only in AWD.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6L AWD Performance
436 Posts
There seemed to be an expectation that the 3.0TT would be optional on both the CT5 Premium Lux and Sport trims with the same power specs, but with yesterday's announcements about the CT4, I have to wonder if Cadillac has changed their mind...if they ever made it up...lol. It may explain why there's no mention of the 3.0TT option in this early version of the CT5 order guide.

The CT4 officially lines up like this:
Luxury: 2.0T (237-hp/258 ft-lb) w/8AT [standard]

Premium Luxury: 2.0T w/8AT [standard]
>> optional
– 2.7T (309-hp/348 lb-ft) w/10AT

Sport: 2.0T w/8AT [standard]

CT4-V: 2.7T (325-hp/380 lb-ft) w/10AT [standard]

For the CT5, if you combine what's in the order guide with the structure of the CT4, you get:
Luxury: 2.0T (237-hp/258 ft-lb) w/10AT [standard]

Premium Luxury: 2.0T w/10AT [standard]
>> optional
– 3.0TT (335-hp/400 lb-ft) w/10AT [announced as non-V option]

Sport: 2.0T w/10AT [standard]

CT5-V: 3.0TT (355-hp/400 lb-ft) w/10AT [standard]

...which would pretty much confirm that the new '-V' isn't even a V-Sport level replacement, but more like a Premium Performance trim. This tier structure actually makes sense, though it's still a shame that the '-V' gets applied for upgrades that didn't even warrant a V-Sport badge in the past. I dare say that the 3.0TT in the Premium Lux was intentionally detuned so the V version would look better...<sigh>.

The CT5 base price may start $10K lower (@$38K) than where CTS did, but I won't be surprised at all if a CT5-V with 'popular' options lands around $60+K, where the current Premium Lux/base V-Sport starts. Color me shocked if they maintain a $10K price reduction all the way through the lineup, which would result in a $75K CT5-V Blackwing (or whatever they call it...lol).

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,137 Posts
What is weird/dumb is that the Sport trims don't have the optional higher perf engine.
Why have a Sport if you can't get the power a Sport buyer would want.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
237 Posts
What is weird/dumb is that the Sport trims don't have the optional higher perf engine.
Why have a Sport if you can't get the power a Sport buyer would want.
What do you mean they don't have the options for the higher performance engines?
That would be the whole point of a sport trim.

Performance wise the 3.0TT and the 2.7 V engine are pretty close, given the weight savings of the Turbo and seeing that AMG, and RS Audi's are sticking with Turbo 4's(with smaller displacement), why wouldn't they just keep the 2.7 and bump up the performance? The 2.0L AMG S is making 410hp/370tq ,and the Audi RS 2.5L 400hp/350tq is making pretty much the same. I dont' understand Cadillac, bring JDN back.

Lighter engine, Less complicated design, better weight distribution all things that are important, that if your going to go with a TT V6 in this market it should be outperforming 4pots, especially when its a V model. I guess the real V is going to be more competitive?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
If Phantom14 is correct, the Sport doesn't have the optional engine.
It's possible that the order guide has a mistake, since that doesn't make sense.
The order guide has corrections every week.
The CT5 order guide doesn't have the 3.0 engine listed yet.

·
Registered
436 Posts
If Phantom14 is correct, the Sport doesn't have the optional engine.
It's possible that the order guide has a mistake, since that doesn't make sense.
The order guide has corrections every week.
The CT5 order guide doesn't have the 3.0 engine listed yet.
Very true - preliminary order guides are definitely subject to change!

However, based on the 'official' announcements about CT4, it appears that Cadillac's plan is for the '-V' tag to now indicate little more than an upgraded Sport model: more hp/torque, more 'racy' options available. I'd have to look at the CT4 guide again, but I was surprised by a few options that were not standard on the CT4-V (I think the enhanced larger gauge package was one...). GM's looking for their "Starting at..." prices to be big marketing tools on these cars, though I expect that once you option up to where comparable ATS/CTSs were, the price will start to look more familiar.

This V strategy will make it easier (& cheaper) for them to create V versions of the SUVs. Take the Sport trim, add a moderate (though not very impressive) amount of power, change up the option mix, attach a dearer price, et voila! As we already know, the 'V' doesn't mean what it used to... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very true - preliminary order guides are definitely subject to change!

However, based on the 'official' announcements about CT4, it appears that Cadillac's plan is for the '-V' tag to now indicate little more than an upgraded Sport model: more hp/torque, more 'racy' options available. I'd have to look at the CT4 guide again, but I was surprised by a few options that were not standard on the CT4-V (I think the enhanced larger gauge package was one...). GM's looking for their "Starting at..." prices to be big marketing tools on these cars, though I expect that once you option up to where comparable ATS/CTSs were, the price will start to look more familiar.

This V strategy will make it easier (& cheaper) for them to create V versions of the SUVs. Take the Sport trim, add a moderate (though not very impressive) amount of power, change up the option mix, attach a dearer price, et voila! As we already know, the 'V' doesn't mean what it used to... :rolleyes:
Did a little bit calculation.
Here is the number I get.
(all number below just my prediction)

Ct5 v may start very close 50k
Ct4 base trim close to 32k
Ct 4 premium luxury with 2.7t close to 39k
CT4 v close to 41k

All number above for rwd and all trim may more "bare bone" than you expected.

Like interior option+super cruise easily over 10k not even including awd

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The CT5 order guide now has the CT5-V and the 3.0TT as an option for Prem Lux.

Oddly it does not say the 3.0 is an option for the Sport. IMO a Sport has to run like a Sport and not
just look like a Sport.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Could the extra 300 lbs. on the 3.0 make a Sport not be sporty?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
CT4 order guide also says the 2.7 is avail on the Prem Lux, not the Sport and Avail on the V.

Maybe the order guide has a bug, maybe there is some issue or maybe they want to discourage ordering
the Sport for now. Possibly most CT5 Sport orders would want the 3.0TT and they want to limit it to the
Prem Lux + V for now, maybe if they don't have enough 3.0T to go around. Just Guessing.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Well, I'd probably be looking at a '21 so maybe things will change some. There are lots of new '19 CT6 3.0TT's on lots around here right now FWIW. Tempting. So looks like no spare tire and only run flats on the 19 inchers. Wonder if they are better now. Were terribly noisy on my '12 Grand Sport.

·
Registered
450 Posts
If I'm reading it right, the Platinum interior is only available in Sedona color and has carbon fiber, not wood?, trim.

·
Registered
436 Posts
If I'm reading it right, the Platinum interior is only available in Sedona color and has carbon fiber, not wood?, trim.
I would concur...as described, the Platinum Package for the Premium Luxury/Sport/V-Series includes "(HZK) Sedona Sauvage with Jet Black accents with Twenty-Two Carbon Fiber trim".

Otherwise, the Sahara Beige (Misty Matrix wood) and Maple Sugar (Natural Elm wood) interiors on the Premium Luxury are the only ways to get wood trim.

·
Registered
7 Posts
CT4 order guide also says the 2.7 is avail on the Prem Lux, not the Sport and Avail on the V.

Maybe the order guide has a bug, maybe there is some issue or maybe they want to discourage ordering
the Sport for now. Possibly most CT5 Sport orders would want the 3.0TT and they want to limit it to the
Prem Lux + V for now, maybe if they don't have enough 3.0T to go around. Just Guessing.
the whole thing is weird. A Sport model that has 123hp less than the prem lux? How does that make sense?
Then the V series has the same HP as prem lux? What is going on? It was bad enough when they announced the V was 20hp more than the non-V. Altho maybe I should be happy that I can get a prem lux with 360hp vs the 335hp they originally announced.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
237 Posts
the whole thing is weird. A Sport model that has 123hp less than the prem lux? How does that make sense?
Then the V series has the same HP as prem lux? What is going on? It was bad enough when they announced the V was 20hp more than the non-V. Altho maybe I should be happy that I can get a prem lux with 360hp vs the 335hp they originally announced.
All things considered the V model is more driver focused than the non V, but as far just wanting to get HP numbers. I'd go for the the non V and just get the engine unlocked with HPtuner, and have money left over for some nice Vossen rims and coil overs. :)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Do you have a updated price list to post, with the 3.0 engine and the V?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts