Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am asking the same question for a 2021 CT5. I think it is behind the glove box, as I can see what appears to be a little door than can be opened from the right. However, I cannot figure out how to either remove the glove box or lower the swinging glove box door to get more room. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
2,103 Posts
its not in the owners manual? mine is....

·
Registered
4 Posts
its not in the owners manual? mine is....
Sadly, no...manual states it is a dealer item...

However, in the interim I found a YouTube video showing how to do it on a 2020 XT4, which is essentially the same setup as mine. It involves taking the tension damper wire off (easy) and then removing the glove box pins from underneath, thus allowing the glove box to be removed and then access the filter door. Viola!

·
Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
3,763 Posts
It is not necessary to take out the pins. The way the box looks in the XT5 is very similar to the video for the XT4, and as a member above stated looks similar to the CT5. In my XTS once the dampener is removed the glove box bumpers are pressed inward to release them, the glove box door then drops straight down. For the XTS there is another item to remove before getting to the cabin filter. In the XT5 once the glove box door is dropped down it reveals the area where the cabin filter is. Take a look at a CF member's video to see how it is done for the XT5. I bet it will be similar for the CT5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts