Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

First time poster.
I've had a CT4V BW on order for over a year. Hoping the factory picks it up for a build date soon. Dealer says we should know more in December.

Here's a couple of questions as I've been receiving conflicting responses:

1. Is CF 1&2 available again, or will it be soon?
2. If CF 1&2 is not currently available, how should the car be ordered to accommodate future retrofit to CF 1&2 when available?

As well, I've seen conflicting info on winter rims. If anyone here has fitted a set of winter rims and you're happy with them, I'd love to know what you bought.

Thanks guys!

· Vendor
784 Posts
Hi all.

First time poster.
I've had a CT4V BW on order for over a year. Hoping the factory picks it up for a build date soon. Dealer says we should know more in December.

Here's a couple of questions as I've been receiving conflicting responses:

1. Is CF 1&2 available again, or will it be soon?
2. If CF 1&2 is not currently available, how should the car be ordered to accommodate future retrofit to CF 1&2 when available?

As well, I've seen conflicting info on winter rims. If anyone here has fitted a set of winter rims and you're happy with them, I'd love to know what you bought.

Thanks guys!
At one point in time we looked at an individual retrofit. It's just insanely expensive and not really possible. From Everything we hear, The CF supplier does not have the capacity for the CF orders. If people are really wanting these cars, it's best to order without CF. Unless you are at the top of a list and you just want to play the waiting game. It's unfortunate but we are told it's not going to get better.

· Registered
898 Posts
CF 1&2 is still on restriction with limited availability and no ETA, as said above the CF component supplier can't keep up with demand.

Buying the CF parts later, while possible, is far, far more expensive than buying the car with them new... and they're expensive enough as options buying new.

When it comes to the front splitter and dive planes, it's not as easy as just adding the carbon parts if the car didn't have the CF package to begin with. The bumper fascia is different between the cars with the CF package vs without the CF package (the bumper fascia on the CF cars is reinforced to support the aero loads of the dive planes and such) so you're also looking at having to buy and paint a new bumper fascia if you want to add the carbon front splitter and dive planes down the road... at least for the factory CF parts. I have not looked into it any deeper to see if any other parts other than the fascia are changed, such as a different bumper absorber, extra attachment clips/hardware, etc.

At some point someone in the aftermarket will probably make a CF splitter and dive planes that will bolt onto the non-CF fascia, but if the factory reinforced the fascia for the carbon parts they probably did it for a reason as it's a lot of expense to have two sets of tooling for molding bumper fascias...

If you have to have the CF stuff, it's probably best to order one that way and endure the long wait or find a 22 for sale with the CF package configured the way you want it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts