Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just messing around and apparently found a CT4V for sale. I have seen a regular CT4 for sale but I am surprised the V is already available:

Since I am new it won't let me post the link but it is at: Schepel Cadillac

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6L AWD Performance
459 Posts
I was just messing around and apparently found a CT4V for sale. I have seen a regular CT4 for sale but I am surprised the V is already available:
I'm a bit surprised, too...but there it is, so there must be more out there. Some proper reviews shouldn't be far behind...

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,251 Posts
CT4 + CT4-V can be ordered now. Dealers have them ordered and they are being built.
The Cadillac website does not have CT4 in the Inventory search yet.

Based on studying and testing a CT5 and the CT4 order guide, some of the options are the same.
In either car, if you want the better/sporty seats, you can get the Sport. If you want the Sport seats
plus the faster engine, you need the V. In the CT5, you can get the Sport seats with the high cost
Platinum Pkg + the 3.0, but then you are in the V price range without the handling.

Like the CT5 reports, the CT4 might have less handling than the ATS. The CT4-V might be like the
ATS Premium RWD. CT4-V can get AWD for $500, because it drops the MRC.

I haven't yet seen any drive reviews of any CT4, just the car show walk arounds.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm a bit surprised, too...but there it is, so there must be more out there. Some proper reviews shouldn't be far behind...
Well I'll be darned...I would suspect CT4-V reviews aren't far behind.

Did anyone else notice that GM had an embargo on CT5 official reviews until the V-series review was available? Only Motor Trend and C&D (via their "COTY" and "Ten Best" competitions) had early, standard CT5 reviews. I think GM knew the base would not compare favorably to the driver's car dynamics of the original (base) CTS. So...I suspect the CT4 will be the same: that the reviews will come out with the V-model "first drives."

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD
292 Posts
I wonder if any cars got through the assembly line before GM shut down .:unsure: Add the shelter-in-place order we have in Michigan for the next three weeks, we might be looking at May before CT4-V reviews drop...

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
533 Posts
Well I'll be darned...I would suspect CT4-V reviews aren't far behind.

Did anyone else notice that GM had an embargo on CT5 official reviews until the V-series review was available? Only Motor Trend and C&D (via their "COTY" and "Ten Best" competitions) had early, standard CT5 reviews. I think GM knew the base would not compare favorably to the driver's car dynamics of the original (base) CTS. So...I suspect the CT4 will be the same: that the reviews will come out with the V-model "first drives."
Thought I've seen a # of independent Auto Reviewers give their assessment of the 2L CT5, and all of them were luke-warm to unimpressed on it. Plenty to see if you search youtube.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,251 Posts
The Cadillac website has been updated to show CT4 inventory.
They have built a bunch in all trims.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thought I've seen a # of independent Auto Reviewers give their assessment of the 2L CT5, and all of them were luke-warm to unimpressed on it. Plenty to see if you search youtube.
Note that I said "official" reviews, not Joe YouTube.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wonder if any cars got through the assembly line before GM shut down .:unsure: Add the shelter-in-place order we have in Michigan for the next three weeks, we might be looking at May before CT4-V reviews drop...
I've seen fresh off the line CT4Vs in GM's lots awaiting pickup...

Majority of their lots are EMPTY now. I'd expect them to be that way for a bit...

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD
292 Posts
I've seen fresh off the line CT4Vs in GM's lots awaiting pickup...

Majority of their lots are EMPTY now. I'd expect them to be that way for a bit...
LaFontaine Cadillac over by Milford Proving Grounds MIGHT have one on the ground. If any one is near there and wants to investigate... :sneaky:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts