Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium /04 SLS LD8/ 06 STS-V LC3/14 Chevy SS/ 08 Dodge Magnum RT
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else comparing these two future sport sedans? I keep reviewing all the specs for each, and watching the reviews (the current V versions of course, without the Blackwing upgrades coming) and I keep going back and forth with both Blackwings as to which one to possibly buy next year. I plan to test drive each new Blackwing sedan when available of course, and soon also plan to test drive the current lesser "V" versions with each other.

I am currently an owner of a 2014 CTS V-Sport and love this car, I've tested it on a road course, autocross, and at a drag strip as well as a canyon carver and road trip car and its been super fun. I would rate my V-Sport better for overall balance than the 3 rd Gen. CTS-V, because I just don't have that many chances to track a car each year and my 420 HP V-Sport gives me plenty of power for all my road trips plus better MPG's.

So for now I am thinking CT4-V Blackwing (with the 464 HP LF4 twin turbo) over the CT5-V Blackwing (with the 650 HP LT4 super-charged) Because I am thinking the LF4 will give me enough "juice" and that the LT4 engine might be overkill for my use and I might just get tempted (on the street) with the extra power and get into more trouble with the CT5 Blackwing.

I know the CT5-V Blackwing will sound better with the V8 burble and such, but I also have my 2011 C6 LS3 Corvette with a mild to wild exhaust switch so when I am in the mood I can rocket in the louder mode when I feel like driving a V8. Oh, and I can also drive my Chevy SS when I am in a V8 mood.

I know the coming Blackwing models will probably be a bunch harder core as track cars, but has anyone compared the newest CT4-V with the CT5-V as far as road trip and canyon carvers and well as luxury cars.?
and

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,416 Posts
I posted my CT4-V review.

Besides the various engine differences, you have the space difference between CT4 + CT5.

The new 10 speed trans will get more out of the engines.
The exhaust sound changes with the mode.

The Sport or V seats are very comfortable and the same in CT4 or CT5, IMO better than any ATS/CTS.

I did not compare to CT5-V. I don't need CT5-V space nor price.

With your other cars, your decision is different than someone having only 1 daily car.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium /04 SLS LD8/ 06 STS-V LC3/14 Chevy SS/ 08 Dodge Magnum RT
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted my CT4-V review.

Besides the various engine differences, you have the space difference between CT4 + CT5.

The new 10 speed trans will get more out of the engines.
The exhaust sound changes with the mode.

The Sport or V seats are very comfortable and the same in CT4 or CT5, IMO better than any ATS/CTS.

I did not compare to CT5-V. I don't need CT5-V space nor price.

With your other cars, your decision is different than someone having only 1 daily car.
thanks for your your thoughts and input. Yes you are correct about the larger room of the CT5 and I do not really need the extra space as its now just me and my wife in the front. The 10 speed trans should be an improvement over the older GM 8 speed, that was one reason I chose my V-Sport with its Aisin transmission over the (CTS-V and ATS-V). I am also thinking the CT4-V Blackwing being lighter should handle better and be more agile over the heavier CT5.

Yes my other cars make my choice different from someone with just one daily car. I am also retired and have a pickup truck for moving chores. I have read that both the new Blackwing models will have the new reconfigurable dash and they will have an adaptive cruise like in my V-Sport. And heated steering wheels. Wow I think i like all this newer tech.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,416 Posts
An article made it sound like all of the 2021 CT4/CT5 would have the bigger/better dash or at least
premium + V's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts