Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a CT4 2021 Premium Luxury, and this car has been my dream car for a long time. I still have my CTS 2011, which I loved. However, from the first week, I noticed issue related to my CT4

I have been hearing a clicking noise and an uncomfortable feeling every time I press and depress brake the pedal. If I pass 25 Km/h then press a brake pedal, I hear it, which is annoying. I went to the dealership last week. One of the laborers rode with me and listened to the noise. This week they told me the noise is normal and its related to the master cylinder somehow,but I doubt It is not normal. Read many threads that suggest that the problem may be in the brake booster or brake light switch.

Here the video:

I would appreciate your valued comment in this regard.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,647 Posts
I`m not expert, but to me that does not sound it is operating properly. It sounds as if it is in the interior of the vehicle. My guess would be a noisy brake pedal switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I`m not expert, but to me that does not sound it is operating properly. It sounds as if it is in the interior of the vehicle. My guess would be a noisy brake pedal switch.
Yes, you are right the sounds from the interior specifically from the brake pedal, even if I parked and waited like 30 second I can hear it again, it really annoys me, I doubt its not normal.

·
Registered
2014 luxury XTS;2016 luxury CTS
144 Posts
Hello, I have a 2014 XTS. There has been a clicking sound since I took delivery. While the vehicle was under warranty, my dealer agreed that they heard the noise. They drove other XTSs that were in stock and told me they made the same noise too, although mine seemed to be louder. The noise emanates from the master cylinder booster. Despite it being an expensive replacement, they performed the work. It was a little bit quieter thereafter but never became silent. Perhaps this issue faded in later model XTSs, but if Cadillac reintroduced the identical issue in a new model, that’s a real bummer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts