Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new CT4 Premium Luxury. I drove it off the lot on 5 March 2022. About 14 days later the engine began making a really loud knocking sound, sounded like noisy lifters. Anyway I called the dealer and was told to bring it in 5 April for service. Later that day I was called and was told that iy would need parts and could take up to 2 weeks. Afterwards, I found out that what was going to be replaced on the CT4 was the camshaft. As soon as I found out I was very upset and started demanding that I get a new car because I was not going to be happy knowing that my new car just had major engine repairs with less than 500 miles on it.

On Friday 29 April I was told that I could go pick up the CT4 and that it was repaired. I drove it off the dealership service shop and decided to take it for a long test drive (20 miles) on the highway. I decided to stop and check the car out, Well the noise was back and this time even louder. I called the dealership service shop again, I was told to bring it in.

When I got to the service shop they had the Technician who replaced the camshaft and the supervisor to check the car again. Well after listening to the engine knocking loudly again I am told by the Technician and Supervisor that this was a normal sound for that engine. Well, I was really upset now and tired of being put through this situation with a car I no longer want. So, they decided to bring out a 2021 CT4 off the lot to prove to me that it was a normal sound for this engine. Guess what! the CT4 they brought to compare was a really smooth running engine. So they said they needed to drive it around to get the engine hot. They drove it around and afterwards I was told by the service manager that they were going to bring an engineer from outside to diagnose the problem. I automatically understood that the CT4 that was driven to get the engine hot turned out to be a smooth running engine.

I am just so upset and totally disappointed in Cadillac that If I do not get a new car soon, maybe I need to seek help from a law firm. To me I was sold a new car with a defective engine. I just made the first loan payment and my car was in the shop. Now in a few days I will once again be placed on a loaner vehicle because it will be getting diagnosed from an engineer from GM I think. Any help that I can get with this problem of mine would be greatly appreciated. In my opinion I deserve to be given a new car and with all taxes and registration required paid by the GM leadership.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have already hired a law firm. Just yesterday they told me that now the engine will need a new Crankshaft, Timing Chain and gears replaced. Apparently some engineer from GM diagnosed it and says the origin of the knocking is the timing chain, and that it also sounds like the Crankshaft is now bad. I tried the friendly way. Now the law firm has told me that I do have a very clear lemon law candidate. So wish me luck.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts
When I got to the service shop they had the Technician who replaced the camshaft and the supervisor to check the car again. Well after listening to the engine knocking loudly again I am told by the Technician and Supervisor that this was a normal sound for that engine. Well, I was really upset now and tired of being put through this situation with a car I no longer want. So, they decided to bring out a 2021 CT4 off the lot to prove to me that it was a normal sound for this engine. Guess what! the CT4 they brought to compare was a really smooth running engine. So they said they needed to drive it around to get the engine hot. They drove it around and afterwards I was told by the service manager that they were going to bring an engineer from outside to diagnose the problem. I automatically understood that the CT4 that was driven to get the engine hot turned out to be a smooth running engine.
On the one hand it's hilarious that they couldn't even successfully BS you, on the other hand it's infuriating that they would even try such a thing. Just reaffirms why so many people refer to them as "stealerships". :mad:

I hope your lemon law claim works out in your favor, as it sounds like a pretty clear case. If it were me, I would also be working my way up the dealership "chain of command" to address the fact that two of their employees tried to lie to me about what was clearly a major problem with the engine of my brand new car.

· Registered
2017 ATS-V
562 Posts
I have already hired a law firm. Just yesterday they told me that now the engine will need a new Crankshaft, Timing Chain and gears replaced. Apparently some engineer from GM diagnosed it and says the origin of the knocking is the timing chain, and that it also sounds like the Crankshaft is now bad. I tried the friendly way. Now the law firm has told me that I do have a very clear lemon law candidate. So wish me luck.
And this is why most of the country hates car dealerships.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts