Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2015 escalade esv. After driving it a week the cruise control of any sorts doesn't work. The light comes on the dash but it won't engage. It is clean to the bone on the outside and the sensor isn't dirty. Someone please help. Its not very hard to speed in this car.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,655 Posts
If you have Adaptive cruise and it won’t set, then you probably have an issue with the radar sensor. But you’d have to have it diagnosed

·
Registered
2019 - CT6-V - Black Raven; 2018 - Escalade ESV - Black Raven
92 Posts
Yeah the adaptive cruise said its temporary unavailable. I'm so aggravated with this buy. I
Might be a software updated needed. I know that I had some issues with my escalade that needed a visit. Take it in to the dealership and have them flash it to see if its missed an update.

Mine was connected to my wifi at home and still wasn't reading that it needed an update.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Might be a software updated needed. I know that I had some issues with my escalade that needed a visit. Take it in to the dealership and have them flash it to see if its missed an update.

Mine was connected to my wifi at home and still wasn't reading that it needed an update.
how can you check if you needed an update ?
How did you connected to your WiFi? I couldnt find that option in my CUE settings (2016 platinum)

Thx

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,655 Posts
how can you check if you needed an update ?
You can’t. Some of the newer Cadillacs allow you to check for software updates for the infotainment system only but these ‘15-‘20 Escalades are only updated by the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i understand, but my question is, was there any updates since day one? :)

i think,. dealer would not perform any of them unless you request it ?

i will schedule my 18 platinum for oil change, transmission fluid flush and will ask if there are any updates available. My Lane keep assist drives like drunk driver and its more dangerous than safety at this point...

·
Registered
'18 Escalade ESV Platinum
115 Posts
you don't need a transmission flush with the new 10 speed -- it's just for the jerky 8 speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts