Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

The other day I tried to used my cruise control in the highway and the light would not turn on and the cruise control was not working. I took my car in last friday and they the diagnostic was that there was a pinch cable in the harness down the steering column where that rubber boot is by the firewall. This is all my fault as I guess I was not careful when I was making a hole on that boot to run my amp cables and maybe somebody should make a note of that somewhere here.

Anyways, they want to charge me $400 when I think with the help of you guys can guide me what cables I need to check for I can just rewired it and save me the $400 on a new harness they want to put.

2007 CTS SEDAN 3.6

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,858 Posts
Are you moderalty good with wires and soldering? I figure you could be if you did your amp setup.

If you are, I would grab some 22 awg (American Wire Gauge) and just jump wire to wire. Hopefully they are color coded. They should also be in the same harness. If there are any in a yellow color harness, then stay away, that's your air bag. But since your issue is with the cruise, you should be all set there.

KOT

Ps, where are you from? If around my area, maybe we can hook up.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
i heard its best to run the power wire under the battery tray and into the car through the passenger side,...not sure where.
when i tried to run my power wire through the steering shaft boot it set off a alarm and i had to have the theft system reset by the dealer...i sold my system and decided its not needed in the cts....i miss my subs.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kingoftypos: Im pretty good soldering as I study computer engineering and electronics engineering and I have built circuits before welding and soldering wires so thats not a problem. I have not looked under there yet I was hoping maybe somebody here might tell me exactly the color of the cable or cables that belong to the cruise control. If nobody knows I guess I just have to dig in there and see which one is pinch and repair it. I'm in Miami so different state from you , but thanks for offering the help is appreciate.

Ghettomike: I did try to look for a spot through the passenger side and I could not find any hole I can run the 0 gauge wire.

Are you moderalty good with wires and soldering? I figure you could be if you did your amp setup.

If you are, I would grab some 22 awg (American Wire Gauge) and just jump wire to wire. Hopefully they are color coded. They should also be in the same harness. If there are any in a yellow color harness, then stay away, that's your air bag. But since your issue is with the cruise, you should be all set there.

KOT

Ps, where are you from? If around my area, maybe we can hook up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts