Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2007 Escalade EXT, and noted that the Cruise Control does not engage. I noted that a 'Brakeman Digital' device was installed on the truck and wanted to know if the installation of this component required the disengagement of the Cruise Control. Guess the previous owner was towing heavy stuff.

The light for the cruise control comes on when I press the button in the steering wheel, but does not set/resume/accelearate at all when I push the buttons to do so.

Any suggestions?

Thanx.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
In most cases its the brake switch located at the pedal

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
364 Posts
I just replaced my brake switch in an effort to fix my cruise control issue. That didn't fix mine.........I am hoping for someone else to weigh in and tell me what else it could be. I also have the dreaded "Service Stabiltrak" message after replacing the brake switch and it comes on after driving for 10 mins and wont go off until the next cycle of the ignition. Very frustrated.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
364 Posts
Great news......after reading that the brake light switch can also cause the Service Stabilitrak message, I decided to go back to the auto parts store and buy another brand new brake switch. When I bought the first one at O'Reiley there were two different ones that came up for the Escalade. The guy running the desk couldn't see any difference between the two except one costs 16 bucks and the other 21 bucks. Naturally, I picked the cheaper one. I took it home and installed it. Once I started driving it, after about 5 miles or 10 mins it would kick out the Service Stabilitrak banner. if I cycled the ignition it would go away and then do it again. After a day of doing this I decided today to take the first switch back and get the other one that cost 5 dollars more. Brought it home, installed it and everything works. Cruise works and the Stabilitrak message is gone. Crossing my fingers that this solves it for good.

·
Registered
Cadillac
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick question, anyone have the part number for that brake switch? Looking on gmpartsdirect.com and haven't located it yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts