Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 AWD
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out here done much extended highway driving, and if so what is there opinion of the ATS as an all day highway driver? By the way, I have the Base ATS 2.0 AWD.

I've only done one long trip in the car. It was a mix of Interstate and 2 lane blacktop. I was a bit under the weather that day, and it was wet and dreary. So with those qualifications, it drove just like any other car.

I'll soon be doing lots of cross country with this car and wonder what other peoples thoughts are.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,663 Posts
I have taken mine on multiple 600 mile per day trips and a couple of 800 mile per day trips. I much prefer driving to flying since I am not at the mercy of the airlines :)

Seat/driving position comfort is fine for me and I find it to be a very comfortable all day driver. When I first bought my 2008 CTS there were a number of forum complaints about the ride since it didn't feel anything like a conventional big Cadillac and the ATS would be even more extreme for those but if you want a controlled and nimble feel the ATS is great.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
I took my Base ATS 2.0T on a 4,300 mile trip when it only had about 400 miles on it. We had 4 adults in the car with luggage. We had to make a few more stops to allow the back seaters to stretch their legs as the backseat leg room "sucks", I know as I sat back there when we switched drivers. The trip start in Texas, to Minnesota, to North Carolina and back to Texas. So we hit every kinda road you can image, hills, lots of curves and it was a blast. The Caddy road and handled great. Overall mileage was 26.8 and the high was 31.3. The difference is 65 mph and 75/80 mph.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Drove ours from Scottsdale to the US Grand Prix in Austin, a little over 1000 miles each way. Drove straight thru (less than 14 hours) both ways. Very enjoyable drive. Manual trans gearing and turbo torque made for quick passing without downshifts. Quiet ride, maybe too quiet because co-driver wasn't aware it was a 6 speed and drove his first tank in 5th gear at 75+ MPH without either of us noticing until we needed gas sooner than planned.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
Hoosier Daddy... If you make the Austin trip give a shut out for meet as I live just north of Austin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts