Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Cadillac keep track of how many cars they make in the various colors. I would like to know how many 2014 ATS Crimson Red Performance sedan's were made.

Thanks

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I'm sure GM keeps track of every car/truck (including options, colors, etc.), but finding that info can be a real pain. A member on the V forum just happened across a production numbers breakdown of V's that someone at GM mistakenly posted on another public site. He was able to copy and share it before the post was deleted.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T AWD Crimson Sport
5 Posts
Re: Production Numbers

I have one and also have wondered how many there are. I've never seen another one.

·
Registered
'14 BMW 328xi
320 Posts

When I bought a Lexus 8 years ago, I told the salesman the particular colors I would accept. He was able to look at his computer and tell me the percentage of available vehicles in each color combo, with the particular option packages I wanted. I'm not sure he could see the actual number of cars produced though.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts

I have a 3.6L Obsession Red Performance Sedan, so I goggled 2014 Cadillac ATS colors and I don't see Crystal Red as an option?

·
Registered
2014 ATS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I have a 3.6L Obsession Red Performance Sedan, so I goggled 2014 Cadillac ATS colors and I don't see Crystal Red as an option?
It's Crimson Red, made only during the spring of 2014 in the Sport Package. I bought mine in Ohio, I drove their from New Jersey to get it, I took it to my local Caddy Dealer for oil change, The service department which is large, said they never saw a ATS in that color, so I am sure Cadillac did not make many, but I would like to know how many. So far their are 4 !!!

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Crimson Sport
178 Posts

It's Crimson Red, made only during the spring of 2014 in the Sport Package. I bought mine in Ohio, I drove their from New Jersey to get it, I took it to my local Caddy Dealer for oil change, The service department which is large, said they never saw a ATS in that color, so I am sure Cadillac did not make many, but I would like to know how many. So far their are 4 !!!
The service techs say the same thing about my car when I take it in for service and I bought the car there.:)
It really is a nice deep color though. It looks awesome on the ATS

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,243 Posts

I have seen a couple Crimson Red ATS in stock on websites.
Apparently only some dealers will order one for stock. Some dealers
like to stock some unique cars, some only go with what trim sells the most.

Crimson has to be the least made ATS color. It looks good, but you do pay
more for the color and trim that goes with it.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts

The site doesn't break it down by options, colors, etc. but it does show the monthly sales figures for the ATS. Looks like on average they are moving about 2,500 units a month. I'm surprised the December '14 figure was only 2,465 with all the incentives that were available. Just for grins I looked at the year totals between the ATS and BMW-3: 30k vs. 142k.

Link

·
Registered
1977 cdv 2014 ats
2 Posts

i had tracked down a crimson sport special; in new york. i missed it by a half hour. that caddy dealer found 2 in new jersey and i got one of those. so you can add 3 more to the list. mine is the 2.0 turbo performance . red obsession tintcoat is an extra cost option but not part of the crimson sport package. and dont get too excited about the "unique " crimson paint. it comes from the 2013 cts-v (coupe only, i think)and it is also available on 2014 chevys and buicks as Baroque red. i found this out while searching for touch up paint (just in case. I dont abuse my cars).

----------

the rims appear to be the same as the regular machined rims but are completely painted in dark silver.

----------

you can also clone this car in any color. the ground effects are available thru GM for 2,995 american, the wheel and shifter go for @300 and 150 respectively the rear spoiler is 155 and the painted rims are about 300 each. some dealers are asking 3 times these amounts for parts which is probably why you wont see them on any cars.what a shame cause they make the car so much better looking.

·
Registered
2014 ATS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

i had tracked down a crimson sport special; in new york. i missed it by a half hour. that caddy dealer found 2 in new jersey and i got one of those. so you can add 3 more to the list. mine is the 2.0 turbo performance . red obsession tintcoat is an extra cost option but not part of the crimson sport package. and dont get too excited about the "unique " crimson paint. it comes from the 2013 cts-v (coupe only, i think)and it is also available on 2014 chevys and buicks as Baroque red. i found this out while searching for touch up paint (just in case. I dont abuse my cars).

----------

the rims appear to be the same as the regular machined rims but are completely painted in dark silver.

----------

you can also clone this car in any color. the ground effects are available thru GM for 2,995 american, the wheel and shifter go for @300 and 150 respectively the rear spoiler is 155 and the painted rims are about 300 each. some dealers are asking 3 times these amounts for parts which is probably why you wont see them on any cars.what a shame cause they make the car so much better looking.
The 2016 ATS V coupe has a paint choice very similar to the Crimson Red. Did not think it was unique, just wondering how many Crimson Sport Editions Cadillac made. Good luck with your car !

·
Registered
1977 cdv 2014 ats
2 Posts

did not mean to offend with the unique comment. that was my sarcasm at being disappointed that the color was not mor exclusive. i still love this car and cant wait for the weather to get warmer here so i can put the car thru its paces. if we go by the assumtion of 30000 ats cars built per year that puts us at 2500 a month total. if they made the crimson one for 3 months that puts it in a pool of 7500 cars. if ten percent were crimsons we are looking at about 750. does this sound logical/reasonable?

·
Registered
2014 ATS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

did not mean to offend with the unique comment. that was my sarcasm at being disappointed that the color was not mor exclusive. i still love this car and cant wait for the weather to get warmer here so i can put the car thru its paces. if we go by the assumtion of 30000 ats cars built per year that puts us at 2500 a month total. if they made the crimson one for 3 months that puts it in a pool of 7500 cars. if ten percent were crimsons we are looking at about 750. does this sound logical/reasonable?
No offence taken. Your math is logical.

I don't understand why Cadillac does not release production figures. Prior to owning ATS, I had 2008 Corvette, GM readily supplied how many Vettes were made in each color with every available option. You could narrow your car down as to exactly how many were made, for example, you would know your car was one of 40 configured exactly the same made in 2008. It was a big thing on the Corvette forums, so it peaked my curiosity when I bought the ATS.

·
Registered
ATS
4 Posts
I have the Crimson as well. Live in CT but drove to MA to see it. Once I saw it I had to have it. Got it last summer and am still in love!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts