Cadillac Owners Forum banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

· Vendor
04 Black CTS-V
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
How did you get arms before the rest of us? I was number 4 on the list...
This is hilarious !!! "Hey, What the $%#@^% is going on here"?

"Why is Lil421A getting preferential treatment"?

He's not getting special treatment, he bought a set of the arms with the urethane bushings at the front end of the arms. We've had those available since I first posted that we were making these arms. The group buy is for arms with the spherical bearings at the front end of the arms.

UPDATE :

The arms are finished being fabbed and will go to powder coat tomorrow or the next day. I want to send a few sets of toe rods with this load for the guys that wanted them in black.

· Registered
2005 CTS-V Maggied
271 Posts
This is hilarious !!! "Hey, What the $%#@^% is going on here"?

"Why is Lil421A getting preferential treatment"?

He's not getting special treatment, he bought a set of the arms with the urethane bushings at the front end of the arms. We've had those available since I first posted that we were making these arms. The group buy is for arms with the spherical bearings at the front end of the arms.

UPDATE :

The arms are finished being fabbed and will go to powder coat tomorrow or the next day. I want to send a few sets of toe rods with this load for the guys that wanted them in black.
**Cough** **Cough** You should send them to the guys that wanted them red ! :)

· Vendor
04 Black CTS-V
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
UPDATE:

Trailing arm sets have started to ship.

We shipped 8 sets yesterday to:

Nikds5, Vmapper, sssnake, stick1975, philistine, bradctsv, barrock69, and B_rocks_it.

We will put another load of them in the mail today and will update tonight or tomorrow morning.

· Vendor
04 Black CTS-V
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Here's the list of guys that got trailing arms shipped yesterday.

RavenLS6, ManofMetal, Dmax04V, Britt29, IDriveaV.

To answer the previous question....The group buy is over, but we have a few sets of trailing arms with urethane bushings in the front end of the arm, not the spherical bushings like the group buy version. We have the urethane bushing version in our car and had our prototypes in the car for three years. No problems to report.

· Vendor
04 Black CTS-V
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
That was some fast shipping. Looks like they made it intact.

Trailing arms just went to the post office for the following:

DK, 1BadCTS, Dtrain and ItsaV.

If you are part of the group buy on these trailing arms and you are not listed on any of the three previous lists YOU need to call us. We either need final payment or your color choice or if you want the hub bushings included.

· Registered
2005 CTS-V Maggied
271 Posts
That was some fast shipping. Looks like they made it intact.

Trailing arms just went to the post office for the following:

DK, 1BadCTS, Dtrain and ItsaV.

If you are part of the group buy on these trailing arms and you are not listed on any of the three previous lists YOU need to call us. We either need final payment or your color choice or if you want the hub bushings included.
I was surprised to see them today! The box was ripped a bit from the weight of the arms but the impervious bubble wrap/plastic wrap job you guys did held up tremendously. Thanks again!

· Registered
Black 2004 CTS-V
818 Posts
I posted this on LS1tech and in the general section with my "pig in slop" mega do everything and lots of trial/error and bolt on stuff thread.

Creative Steel Trailing Arms came in. You only need 4 spacers, I got an extra pack.

Here's a comparison:

The OEM bushing came out in about 1-2 minutes. Spray it with PB Blaster and push it out with a screwdriver.

They look pretty good installed:

Notice the spacers top and bottom, torque to 66[ft-lb]

Torque this one to 129 [ft-lb]. Notice the bushings are not squished and bulged.

· Registered
06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
183 Posts
I'm beginning to realize I need to drop the cradle to get to and remove the forward most bolt. Has anyone had luck any other way? Otherwise looks like ill be continuing bright and early.

----------

the impervious bubble wrap/plastic wrap job
More like impenetrable. Took me a good 10 mins to get them out! Why weld your parts together when you can just wrap em like this!?

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,319 Posts
I'm beginning to realize I need to drop the cradle to get to and remove the forward most bolt. Has anyone had luck any other way? Otherwise looks like ill be continuing bright and early.
I don't remember who it was, or if they're even on the forums anymore, but I remember one knucklehead cut holes from above so he could access the bolts. :nono:

And the bolts are long enough that you can't feed them in from the bottom when you put things back together - the extra length above the subframe will contact the frame rail above it.

· Vendor
04 CTSV
50 Posts

You should be able to disconnect the shock, jack the body of the vehicle up, loosen the rear sub-frame bolts a ways but still have them in, and then take out the front sub-frame bolts. The cradle should come down enough to get the front trailing arm bolt out.

· Registered
183 Posts
Yes, I found an old MAPerformance thread for installing trailing arms, shouldn't be too much hassle at all.

Also read of guys cutting down that bolt and installing it from the bottom...in my industry, you never install a bolt from the bottom.

----------

How about removal of the bushing without removing the control arm? That's where I'm at now and its getting frustrating haha

· Registered
183 Posts
Ill try that, it would be easier if I was off the ground more. I'm not a small person by any means :)

----------

Did you remove the rotor to do this, that'll probably make my life easier!

81 - 100 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.