Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys - I'm now turning my attention to my suspension and along w/all my previous mods am looking for middle of the road/mild modifications on the suspension. I basically plan to stay stock in terms of brakes and shocks (adequate for street - no plans for track racing) but Creative Steel's poly cradle bushings have captured my attention. I'm told this is the single best mod you can do to the cornering capabilities of this car and what I'm particularly interested in is not having my back end jump out on me so much when doing hard cornering. Apparently this mod keeps the rear end more firmly planted on the ground when cornering. I would purchase the street (black) cradle bushings but I'm wondering if anyone out there has any advice for me? Red seems too hard (transmits quite a bit of road noise) and even the black ones apparently transmit sound too - but that could be in conjunction with other poly bushings and stiffer trailing arms, etc. Anyone done this mod and if so which color and what are your driving impressions before and after? There are hardly any reviews of these out there (at least that I can find) and the ones that are out there seem mixed.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
991 Posts
I've got the black ones and love them. I think the car rides and handles better because the subframe doesn't "shudder" or move around when you hit potholes. Didn't seem to transmit too much noise either really...the shifter was way noiser.

Do yourself a favor and rent the installation tools...

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I fully intend to rent the tool for this project (like I did with the rear diff bushing) - makes a world of difference. Wondering about putting the stiffer BMR trailing arms in there while I have the subframe lowered.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
991 Posts
yes, I fully intend to rent the tool for this project (like I did with the rear diff bushing) - makes a world of difference. Wondering about putting the stiffer BMR trailing arms in there while I have the subframe lowered.
If you have the BMRs, put them in. If you don't, buy the CS arms as they give more clearance and don't hit the subframe if you go low...poly bushings for street would be optimal IHMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts