Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into replacing my shifter and I seen a couple of diffrent ones but this one really got my attention. Does anybody have this shifter or used it before is it a good shifter and worth the money ?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
134 Posts
I have one in my 2005 CTS-V. I wrote a review of it somewhere on this list - do a search for Creative Steel Short Shifter (or it might be on the LS1 forum). I love it. It's fully adjustable, has a very solid, heavy feel - and makes a satisfying "snap" into each gear. It is a total replacement for the stock shifter assembly. It doesn't completely eliminate the play in the shifter or the notchiness between gears but that is more the fault of the loose tranny linkage than the short-shifter assembly itself. I've heard a lot of folks talk highly of the Hurst Short Shifter by Brian Pissinuoff? but I don't have anything to compare the Creative Steel Short Shifter to other than the stock one which is a night and day difference. Great quality product and, of course, excellent customer service from Max. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
991 Posts
The other shifters, of which there are many, transmit a significant amount of transmission noise (for the most part) and for that reason alone, I would go with the CS shifter if I had it to do all over again because it has a noise isolator. As previously stated, the best shifter in the world isn't going to address all of the shifting concerns in this platform so even if the CS shifter wasn't quite as good as the others (which I doubt because they build killer stuff) I would still choose it because it offers the noise isolation the others don't.

Buy it with confidence.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got the shifter and this thing is heavy and very adjustable from evrywere. Is Ther a specific way to be adjusted for best performance? And also does this shifter come with the little nipple to lubricate the ball or do I have to get my own cause it came with nothing and just a tape over hole .

·
Registered
cts-v gen 1
26 Posts
Creative Steels V Shifter

Has anyone used it? any reviews? lol if they need someone to test there product and do a review sign me up haha.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
58 Posts
Their photo shows it with the nipple and there is no option to buy with or without it. I'd give them a call to see why yours is missing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts