Cadillac Owners Forum banner
341 - 360 of 394 Posts

· Registered
2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.
514 Posts
CVs are the same for all model years from what i can tell from on Gm Direct.. A.K.A. GM built these CVs for V6 cts power..

How are the vibs in the DSS Driveshaft? I have a few "buzzzing" vibs at different RPMs. nothing to bad but i notice everything. I need to find out if there is going to be a updated center DS bracket. I have the spacer in that max recommends too
I was wondering the same thing too. If the update bracket was ever going to exist. I may try the washer recommendation, but that just seems like a band-aid. Consider how much we paid for this stuff, I would expect a better solution. Currently, I only get vibes at about 80mph, but that is annoying too.

· Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,322 Posts
I was wondering the same thing too. If the update bracket was ever going to exist. I may try the washer recommendation, but that just seems like a band-aid. Consider how much we paid for this stuff, I would expect a better solution. Currently, I only get vibes at about 80mph, but that is annoying too.
mine are only under load buzzzing that only occurs in certain gears at certain RPMs. Maybe i should get the DS professionally phased.. I dont get any vibs at 80mph. sent them an email.

· Registered
04 V
169 Posts
Max is working on it. I tested his first revision and he is making a couple small tweaks. The biggest thing about these center bearing brackets are to make sure they are completely centered and square.

· Registered
514 Posts
Max is working on it. I tested his first revision and he is making a couple small tweaks. The biggest thing about these center bearing brackets are to make sure they are completely centered and square.
Thanks for the update!

· Registered
514 Posts
Okay, so my vibration isn't at a specific speed, but at a specific rpm. Regardless of what gear I am in, it is comes on at 3250 rpm to 3500. Outside that range it is fine.

· Registered
3,322 Posts
The drive line angles in the V should be as close to zero as possible since the rear diff is rigidly mounted. I have an idea to put a block of urethane between the carrier mounting bracket and the cars floor pan and the bolts that mount it. I will put our car of the lift tomorrow to see what it will take to get a prototype built. I sent out two prototype carrier bearing mounting brackets some time ago but have not had any feedback yet, I will make a couple of calls to see if any improvements were made.
Email from Max 11days ago

dudes who have the prototype... install it or send it to me or soulja

· Registered
514 Posts
I'm still waiting on my kit to arrive. Yous guys is scarin me!
Don't worry Willie,

This issue is more of an annoyance than a mechanical issue. The car still drives fine, just an annoying vibration at that specific rpm.

· Registered
3,322 Posts
hahah .. i would never go back to stock... the way this thing hooks up now, it is a night and day difference.. + no pinion lash between gears

Reactions: lilgCTS-V

· Registered
Cadillac 2005 CTS-V
136 Posts
Creative Steel's Holiday Sale put me over the edge....ordered a complete 8.8 differential....I guess that's my Xmas present!
Max has always been great to work with...great customer service, as I have all their bushings.

----------

Creative Steel's Holiday Sale put me over the edge....ordered a complete 8.8 differential....I guess that's my Xmas present!
Max has always been great to work with...great customer service, as I have all their bushings.

· Registered
NONE!
356 Posts
Figured I'd add that I ran the car Saturday... Rear end held up like a champ with NT05r drag radials. It withstood a 5500rpm clutch dump and hooked with minimal wheel hop... Around 4000 was the sweet spot it dead hooked. I'm having issues with my tune my motor kept cutting out on those hard launches, so unfortunately I couldn't pull a 60' better than 1.77 during which I slipped it off the line around 4000 and matted it once I got going... Best time was [email protected] with 1.77 ... Numbers are 475hp/472tq... Rear cradle is solid mounted with some 3/16" plate... Anyways there is hope for these cars after all

· Registered
NONE!
356 Posts
Thanks I'm going back at the end of the month.., the DA is much better now I think it'll be around 500 versus 2500 during my last outing... Plus I think I know what went wrong with my launching.., I only had an 1/8 tank or so of gas I think on my hard launches it threw the gas back hard enough to starve the pump for a split second... At least I hope that was it... I also had my tuner turn down the TC effectiveness just in case it still intervenes under certain conditions with the system disabled... I don't see why I can't pull 1.6x 60's... Ill keep you all posted

· Registered
2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS
194 Posts
Thanks I'm going back at the end of the month.., the DA is much better now I think it'll be around 500 versus 2500 during my last outing... Plus I think I know what went wrong with my launching.., I only had an 1/8 tank or so of gas I think on my hard launches it threw the gas back hard enough to starve the pump for a split second... At least I hope that was it... I also had my tuner turn down the TC effectiveness just in case it still intervenes under certain conditions with the system disabled... I don't see why I can't pull 1.6x 60's... Ill keep you all posted
Oddly enough I had those same issues when I ran on Wednesday. I was getting some sputtering, but I had a half tank of gas. When I ran without TC (which I never do) or in Competition Mode (never even thought of doing until Wednesday), I had cleaner runs. Not sure if this helps, but if it repeats itself you may consider that. In the meantime, I'll consider an 8.8 rear end so I can pop off better launches. Not too thrilled about the potential of destroying the rear end, which I'm convinced is made of butter and styrofoam.

· Registered
none
140 Posts
Ok, so I just got home to my new CS kit of my floor excited like a 5 year old on christmas morning.

I have a couple issues, the front diff mount bushings? Are we supposed to source them? They do not come with the kit?

Also, the diff vent? Like pictured here and else where there is a vent on the cover? Am I supposed to source that as well?

EDIT: I read through the thread and found my answers! It amazing how that works, isnt it?

Thanks-Nik

· Registered
514 Posts
So guys,

Any update of the Carrier Bearing Bracket from CS?

341 - 360 of 394 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.