Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked over the forums and found a bit of info on CS products, but on their website they list three different stages and all I saw on this site was the mention of two different types.

NEW SOFTER Stage 1: Stock replacement-Recommended when passenger comfort is the primary concern with little to no performance upgrades.

Stage 2: Performance mount-Recommend for spirited drivers with multiple performance upgrades. “Best seller”

Stage 3: Full Race -Recommended for dedicated race vehicles. These rigidly mount the engine to the vehicle and will transmit vibration.

I need to replace my differential bushing for the second time, so I've decided to just replace some of the other bushings while I'm at it since the car is about to hit 100k. Has anyone used Stage 2 or 3 on their cars? I can't seem to find any mention of it here.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,022 Posts
I have the "full race" rear subframe bushings sitting in a box at home, does that count? :p Just got them last week, they'll be going in along with an 8.8" swap.

If you search around other forums you'll find a number of folks have used the red/race bushings for the rear subframe. I haven't seen any comments that they turn the car into a dump truck, so I'm hoping I chose wisely.

·
Registered
'05 V
84 Posts
Also bought the race bushings for the cradle, and they're also sitting in a box in my garage. Along with the stg2 motor mounts, trans mount, and street diff mount.

Hoping to have some time this weekend to do the trans and motor mounts, along with an oil change for the engine and gear box.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
20 Posts
I have the race/stage 3 bushings in my car. They really stiffen up the rear end, car drives a lot better. Takes bumps a little harsher but I don't view that as a negative.

I'm running the original Gen 1 diff and the new bushings transmit a lot of noise into the cabin.
My differential whined a good amount before I put the bushings in, but it is significantly louder and more common. I expected this and knew what I was getting myself into before I purchased them, so I have no regrets. Definitely a worth while upgrade.

I also put a race differential bushing in my car at the same time. Stock bushing was trash after only 45k miles, really tightened up the driveline. Highly suggest that upgrade as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts